Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 15.04.2006, 04:07 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default VC and analog outs in cubase

One thing is bugging me right now. It's VC and analog outs in cubase.

The VC seems to be optimised for using the USB channels for audio. When you use analog outs you have two choices, mix outside of cubase and deal with the virus audio in front of time OR route the virus into cubase via input tracks or 'external instrument' returns and deal with the virus playing late.

I'm going with the second at the moment, mixing in cubase and using an 'external instrument' set up to route all the virus analog into cubase mixer.

But here's the catch, even when you do get the timing right - it changes for no reason at random intervals and you have to record some timing tests, analyse them and set the delays all over again.

The delays I'm setting are per midi track for the virus, usually it's minus 8 milliseconds, then if I browse some patches for another part it goes out of time again, usually around minus 38 milliseconds. Then it changes again, more or less.

Second catch is that using minus delays on midi works only for non arp sounds. Arp sounds are tied to midi clock, which in cubase cannot be set in minus milliseconds as far as I know. So when the thing gets beyond minus 8 arps are unusable.

My guess is that VC partially uses it's delay buffer, not always at full, but adjusts it according to the patches that are playing. Usb is compensated on the fly but in Access' ignorance lets the analog outs do what ever.

Does anyone deal with this sort of setup when using the TI or am I just nuts?
Old 24.08.2008, 08:01 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Yeap, I have exactly the same problem in cubase studio 4!

Ive just managed to get the virus ti desktop's analog output 1 to sync with my midi part in cubase altho it is very loose with some notes just late, some spot on and some early! This is driving me mad!! Ive checked all the forums and tried different 'fixes' but this is crazy. I almost regret spending £1200 on this synth when it dont look like its gonna work the way I want it too.

Also spent £160 on pro cables for it!

Anyone got any idea why its like this? Audio trough USB is fine and the midi seems to me ok too but the audio out of the analog output 1 is just to tight at all.