Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.01.2012, 11:02 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Default Namm 2012

Well, Christmas 2.0 has just started in Anaheim and maybe I'm not the only one who's excited about the news coming right along the road... is anybody out there/on teh internets who've seen anything new from Access?
Old 19.01.2012, 05:48 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

The NAMM show starts today (19th) through to the 22nd. Access usually make their announcements toward the end.

In time tested fashion they usually pull something out the bag for NAMM each year, operating system based at least, so watch this space.
Old 19.01.2012, 07:02 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

So this got my interest, so I did a little digging & found out access share a booth with a company called Kemper who are the actual manufacturers & distributors of the synth according to there web site...very interesting, although there web site is very spartan with only very basic info. Access are only the developers of the synth apparently & due to there obvious lack of understanding of the software side of it I am convinced that they dont write the software for this thing either.
So my question is this...apart from marc & jorg ( the ONLY 2 people on support ) who the hell is access & can I get my money back please from you jokers? ; )
I'm hoping they announce they have finally made a stable, usable VC for all. Lets fix the old shit before we do anything else is what I say....its been 7 YEARS already!
Old 19.01.2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
So this got my interest, so I did a little digging & found out access share a booth with a company called Kemper who are the actual manufacturers & distributors of the synth according to there web site
I had looked up the floorplan a few weeks back and was a little disappointed to see they had a relatively small space rented (20'x20') and shared with Kemper who has a line of amps and such, because it seemed to be not a good omen suggesting a really interesting new announcement, but then I realized Moog had about the same amount of space and they are bringing out the Minitaur which is an interesting piece of gear, so I was trying not to read much into these things until I see what comes of NAMM officially.

Personally something like a Snow with more DSP power and fixed USB implementation for about the same as the current Snow would probably get my dollar. The dreamer in me thinks about a 3rd Gen TI, the realist/pessimist in me says don't expect more than a couple of software features which consume resources away from fixing the existing.
Old 19.01.2012, 07:31 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

[quote=MBTC;300794]I had looked up the floorplan a few weeks back and was a little disappointed to see they had a relatively small space rented (20'x20') and shared with Kemper who has a line of amps and such, because it seemed to be not a good omen suggesting a really interesting new announcement

Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing...if anything I hope its software improvements ; )
Old 19.01.2012, 07:41 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I'm following all of the updates via Synthtopia.com and I am shocked at the number of very small analog synths that are coming out.

the minitaur by moog, the arturia mini brute and waldorf dropped a micro desktop analog synth called pulse 2.

I must say that the moog looks sexy as hell

Old 19.01.2012, 07:48 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
The NAMM show starts today (19th) through to the 22nd. Access usually make their announcements toward the end.

In time tested fashion they usually pull something out the bag for NAMM each year, operating system based at least, so watch this space.
yeah...will do... :/ but I can't control myself already I still have a strange feeling about that silence... no news from people visiting NAMM / not a hint from Access about anything in the pipeline via FB or Twitter just an invitation to a "users unite" hour for the last day... they should change their approach to marketing because

1. the earlier they show the new things the more people's gonna visit them and actually place orders on new piece of hardware if there's gonna be any

2. the earlier they show the new things the more time I have for my exams instead of checking major coverages on the net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
So this got my interest, so I did a little digging & found out access share a booth with a company called Kemper who are the actual manufacturers & distributors of the synth according to there web site...very interesting, although there web site is very spartan with only very basic info. Access are only the developers of the synth apparently & due to there obvious lack of understanding of the software side of it I am convinced that they dont write the software for this thing either.
So my question is this...apart from marc & jorg ( the ONLY 2 people on support ) who the hell is access & can I get my money back please from you jokers? ; )
I'm hoping they announce they have finally made a stable, usable VC for all. Lets fix the old shit before we do anything else is what I say....its been 7 YEARS already!
http://virus.info/page/render/lang/e...and_press.html

everything is here you need to know

/me impatient
Old 19.01.2012, 07:51 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSTZ View Post
I'm following all of the updates via Synthtopia.com and I am shocked at the number of very small analog synths that are coming out.

the minitaur by moog, the arturia mini brute and waldorf dropped a micro desktop analog synth called pulse 2.

I must say that the moog looks sexy as hell

+1
pulse 2 is sexy as well, even if the design is a little bit Blofeldish but it's good to see they are looking after their legacy products
Old 19.01.2012, 08:31 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
yeah...will do... :/ but I can't control myself already I still have a strange feeling about that silence... no news from people visiting NAMM / not a hint from Access about anything in the pipeline via FB or Twitter just an invitation to a "users unite" hour for the last day... they should change their approach to marketing because

1. the earlier they show the new things the more people's gonna visit them and actually place orders on new piece of hardware if there's gonna be any

2. the earlier they show the new things the more time I have for my exams instead of checking major coverages on the net

http://virus.info/page/render/lang/e...and_press.html

everything is here you need to know

/me impatient
Oh really...the job opportunities link on that web page was last updated in 08. Seems like they where looking for a mac/pc developer back then...wonder what happened?
P.S. Dont believe everything you see on the net... best to use intelligence & experience ; )
Old 19.01.2012, 08:32 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Arrow Arturia Minibrute

Hey check out this new 100% analog synth from Arturia. Looks quite cute

And for more information: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/...e/details.html