Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.07.2010, 06:54 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Is the Ti2 more reliable than the Ti?

I sold my Virus Ti almost two years ago because I was tired of dealing with it's bugginess. The one I had had a bad logic board that was replaced by Access but the replacement wasn't much better. I still had to deal with drop-outs, pops, freezes, sync issues, etc.

That said I miss the Virus and have been thinking of picking up a Ti2 and want to know if they're are any (known) issues with them?
Old 08.07.2010, 07:40 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Software-wise, the two are identical. But the good news is that Access has released OS4, which not only adds many interesting features, but it's also more stable. Not to mention that it finally works on x64 systems. The Ti2 is just slightly faster and it can better handle multi-timbral complex patches, but if you're playing/recording one/two patches at a time, you might as well consider a used Ti or even a Snow and save a bundle.
Old 09.07.2010, 11:47 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkull View Post
I sold my Virus Ti almost two years ago because I was tired of dealing with it's bugginess. The one I had had a bad logic board that was replaced by Access but the replacement wasn't much better. I still had to deal with drop-outs, pops, freezes, sync issues, etc.

That said I miss the Virus and have been thinking of picking up a Ti2 and want to know if they're are any (known) issues with them?
The TI uses one DSP - the TI2 uses TWO...

I used to get pops, glitches and timing issues with the TI - but the TI2 worked pretty flawlessly. I believe the Virus OS works better on the two DSP's. Thats what I experienced....

The TI2 is definitely better than then TI.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 09.07.2010, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Actually I believe the TI|1 has two DSP chips, too.

Think it's the Snow that has just one, which is why it has half the poly of the TI.

But the TI|2 does supposedly have 25% more quoted power than TI|1.

Seems they may have changed the chips on the sly for the TI|2 if they were experiencing limitations on TI|1?

Furthemore, if the TI|2 was merely a refresh, might we perhaps see a whole new Virus this Winter NAMM? Who knows.

Good to see you again DigiScreams.
Old 10.07.2010, 01:12 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Having run a TI OS1 to current, I can say most of the issues were with the older OSes. The current OS is pretty solid and I rarely have any issues (something does still occasionally come up but in almost daily use, we are generally talking weeks between glitches).
Old 13.07.2010, 12:54 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Thanks for the responses. Maybe I'll give it another chance.
Old 14.07.2010, 05:45 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

This is good to know

thanks for the info
Old 13.08.2010, 04:57 PM
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Nobl1v1on

I think it is pretty much a software issue in both the 1 and the 2.

I picked up a TI2 61 key from musicians friend for like 2100, I got it and of course pops and clicks and every thing else.

Access called me up on the phone after I had contacted them with my problems. I asked straight up if it was a hardware issue, if it was I was just gonna send it back. I gave the guy the serial number, he said I did not have one with a bad board. I told him how much I paid for it new with extended warranty and all that. He told me I should really consider holding onto it.

He basically said they knew the OS was bogus, but to be patient and sure enough after OS 4 came out .... NO PROBLEMS at all...
Old 13.08.2010, 06:33 PM

With all the problems I had that led to me returning my Ti2 Desktop, I got the impression there was nothing wrong with the hardware per se, it was all software and driver problems. But keep in mind the Virus hardware is mostly just switches, knobs and DSPs. What makes or breaks it is the software and unfortunately its quite feeble.
Old 13.08.2010, 07:48 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Well, I have no experience on this topic. But I was looking at buying a virus and was due to go with the TI2. I later settled for a TI Desktop. The guy that sold it me has used it for 2 years, it runs the latest OS and has had no issues with it.

It was the price that led me to the TI over the TI2 and some research on these forums.

If I have any issues with it I will update the post.