Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 02.02.2006, 10:58 PM
New here
New here

Default How do I record the midi notes the arpeg plays using CUBASE?

Guys,

Because I am having synch issues with the arpeggio, how do I get the notes the arpeggio plays into my midi editor? What do I do? I use Cubase SX 3

Thanks,

-N
Old 03.02.2006, 02:32 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Browse through the config menu and select "arp note send".
Old 03.02.2006, 10:31 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

And remember to turn MIDI thru off or the arp will play arps that will play arps etc. Very funny. Tried it myself

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 16.02.2006, 11:27 AM
New here
New here

Default no midi notes recorded with the arpeg on

Hi , im having the same problem too, and instead of getting all the notes the editor only draws long lines. in the config menu all the midi functions are enabled. i'm sure cubase is not the problem here because i record the arpegs fine with my jp 8000 synth. So what's with my virus classic guys??
Old 17.02.2006, 11:14 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: no midi notes recorded with the arpeg on

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman
Hi , im having the same problem too, and instead of getting all the notes the editor only draws long lines. in the config menu all the midi functions are enabled. i'm sure cubase is not the problem here because i record the arpegs fine with my jp 8000 synth. So what's with my virus classic guys??
Are you by any chance recording MIDI from your controller keyboard and not your Virus?

Old 22.02.2006, 05:48 PM
New here
New here

Default Re: no midi notes recorded with the arpeg on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
Quote:
Are you by any chance recording MIDI from your controller keyboard and not your Virus?
Old 02.03.2006, 09:46 AM
New here
New here

Default back to the arpeg

Yes i am using a controller keyboard . when i disable midi thru i get no sound. I can't figure this out
Old 02.03.2006, 05:26 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: back to the arpeg

Quote:
Yes i am using a controller keyboard . when i disable midi thru i get no sound. I can't figure this out
What i meant was if you by any chance where recording the MIDI from your controller keyboard and not your virus. Not if you used a controller keyboard. When thinking this through you will of course not get any sound when thru is of in Cubase because the keyboard won?t be troughput to your virus. Try making a track with one long note that you play back to your Virus and then record your Virus MIDI out on another track. This should work...

Old 06.03.2006, 04:06 PM
New here
New here

Default Re: back to the arpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
Quote:
What i meant was if you by any chance where recording the MIDI from your controller keyboard and not your virus. Not if you used a controller keyboard. When thinking this through you will of course not get any sound when thru is of in Cubase because the keyboard won?t be troughput to your virus. Try making a track with one long note that you play back to your Virus and then record your Virus MIDI out on another track. This should work...
Alright i'll try this out too, thanks. i've taken out my pc from the studio at the moment, and thinkin about getting a notebook. i will get back to u soon, cheers!
Old 07.03.2006, 06:58 PM
New here
New here

this post is refering to the virus c, ay?
cause when using virus ti, i can only get odd (1,3,5..) midi multiparts to send midi arped notes to cubase, as strange as this may seem. any1 seen this happenin?