Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

View Poll Results: Do you use your Virus TI Live?
Yes - with no worries 2 16.67%
Yes - but I'm nervous about it 2 16.67%
No - but I'm going to 2 16.67%
No - But if I did, I would worry about it 3 25.00%
No - I'd never take it outside of my studio 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19.12.2005, 02:54 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default Do you use your Virus TI Live?

This was brought up as a side note in another thread. Started making me think twice about whether the Virus TI Keyboard is built solid enough to be used live on stages? Korg Tritions, Yamaha Synths, Roland Synths all stand up to the road.... What are your thoughts about the Virus?
Old 19.12.2005, 07:59 PM
This forum member lives here

When I had the KC.....sometimes when I selected a new patch or depressed a key once a new patch had been selected...Id be greeted with a wonderful electronic snap sound. It always used to make me jump out of my skin.....I even sometimes blasphemed out loud because it. If I were lucky enough to play live (meaning that I was actually good enough ) I personally wouldnt risk taking the virus on stage....it would have caused me alot of anxiety.

Maybe things have changed....but to be honest....im not too impressed with peoples accounts of pops and crackles and general weird behaviour. Im suprised this hasnt been kicked into touch by now....

I dont know what the answer is mate

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 19.12.2005, 08:04 PM

Oh and just as a side note...just so that people dont think im Mr negative. Im a total synth geek....I love them...and i love seeing them live on TV. So I have an interest to see Virus' on stage.....purely because i want to tell my m8's...hey look its a virus

The only time I saw a Virus was at the Glastonberry 2001 festival where some obscure band was using a Virus KB. I can remember thinking 'wtf is that?' as id just bought a Juno 60...thinking that only retro synths had wooden side panels. Back in 1999/2000 i think Virus' were hard to come by in shops......

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 19.12.2005, 09:04 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

haha same here, i even watch top of the pops sometimes to catch glimpses of the synths they're using.
Old 19.12.2005, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigamortis
haha same here, i even watch top of the pops sometimes to catch glimpses of the synths they're using.
heh, when I was a young kid i used to see Pet Shop Boys on telly and the synth guy at the back was always using just one single titchy keyboard.... I was like "wow, that keyboard must be amazing" thinking that would be all you'd need to make a full live backing track in realtime.

A good few years down the track I now know it was just a Korg Prophecy (a monophonic virtual analogue).

I think on TV appearances people love to get out their Tritons when synth-miming, purely for the 'wow' factor because of it being silver with the huge blue screen, nothing else.

I can't remember ever seeing a Virus on Top Of The Pops, or a Nord... it's nearly always the Tritons.
Old 19.12.2005, 10:40 PM

I put not yet, but will soon. Especially now with the beta testing that is going to happen, I have no doubt we will have one stable synth to play!
Old 20.12.2005, 08:38 AM

As far as I can remember I cant re-collect seeing any Nord 1's ever being used live on TV (even from watching old videos). From 1997.....its been a case of Nord 2 + Trinity/Triton. That has been the staple diet of live acts. From about 1998/9 we started to see quite a bit of JP8000 action.....

Since 2002 Ive seen *very* little in the way of proper synth playing. Ive seen some dire performances of people using the Korg MicroKorg toy.....pathetic (PetShopBoys would you believe).

This present situation is so far removed from 80's live bands. One of the reasons i love(ed) 80's music so much is because keyboardists loved their synths...and boy did they like showing them. This years Live 8 was a real let down for synth spotters.....

DS

Old 20.12.2005, 01:17 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
I think on TV appearances people love to get out their Tritons when synth-miming, purely for the 'wow' factor because of it being silver with the huge blue screen, nothing else.

I can't remember ever seeing a Virus on Top Of The Pops, or a Nord... it's nearly always the Tritons.
I have always been amused by this. "Gotta have a Triton, or you're a nobody". Ha ha ha LOL Then, if you don't have an endorsement, people put black tape over the name.

I'm gonna feel very proud to have my Virus TI Keyboard on stage. That pulsating light will be a dead giveaway to all.
Old 21.12.2005, 08:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Ill probably get slapped for this, but I always think of cheesy cover bands whenever someone mentions a Triton