Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 31.01.2012, 01:18 AM
Pro
Pro

Heh 'available soon'. Some interesting new additions, the new envelopes are very welcome.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 16.02.2012, 05:46 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

7 years of Total Integration...that is a long time in software development terms. I have been a Virus owner/user in the past...but for me...the TI departed from where I wanted the Virus to go...

I never liked being forced to stream audio over USB whenever it was connected and I found loading/saving/organising patches a total pain in the arse. The number of duplicates is a headfuck...and the sheer volume of presets actually killed my creativity. Hours upon hours of aimlessly cycling through presets that had been too heavily effected. Honestly...that onboard EQ has been abused and alot of the sounds on the TI are dry, flakey and crusty 'n' crunchy. The Virus KC...and in particular the factory presets made prior to OS6.5 were the best sounding. Silky, warm and smooth. The TI is brittle in comparison...and this is down to EQ abuse and possibly inferior DACS. But dont quote me on that...

I'd love to see Access put the TI aspect to bed. Just fuck it off into cyberspace. Stop wasting time and money adding a couple of filters, envelopes and bug fixing. Instead, expand the control surface, streamline the menu system, develop NEW synthesis (Phase Distortion, true FM DX7 style, User Importable Waveshapes etc) and get INNOVATING. Just think....all that time and effort spent on Total Integration...could have been spent on a new product line, new synthesis etc etc. They really are reluctant to let this go. Unfortuntately, history shows us what happens to companies who can't let go of a bad idea. It eventually sinks them. I say fuck it...before it fucks you.

The Virus is way over priced in this economic climate. Back in 2001/2 the Virus KB cost £1299. In the space of 10 years your paying £1999. Im pretty sure thats damaging sales. You would think they'd sell alot more of £1200 synths than a warehouse of £2000 synths...but I guess Im just clueless.

I dont want this post to be taken as a negative. I love Access...I love what they've done for the music industry (alot of my favourite songs have obvious virus on them) and I want them to survive this econonmic downturn. I dont wanna see them goto the wall. Just refine their business model and get innovating as opposed to dragged down by their TI legacy.

Cheers, DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 24.02.2012, 06:15 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS View Post
7 years of Total Integration...that is a long time in software development terms. I have been a Virus owner/user in the past...but for me...the TI departed from where I wanted the Virus to go...

I never liked being forced to stream audio over USB whenever it was connected and I found loading/saving/organising patches a total pain in the arse. The number of duplicates is a headfuck...and the sheer volume of presets actually killed my creativity. Hours upon hours of aimlessly cycling through presets that had been too heavily effected. Honestly...that onboard EQ has been abused and alot of the sounds on the TI are dry, flakey and crusty 'n' crunchy. The Virus KC...and in particular the factory presets made prior to OS6.5 were the best sounding. Silky, warm and smooth. The TI is brittle in comparison...and this is down to EQ abuse and possibly inferior DACS. But dont quote me on that...

I'd love to see Access put the TI aspect to bed. Just fuck it off into cyberspace. Stop wasting time and money adding a couple of filters, envelopes and bug fixing. Instead, expand the control surface, streamline the menu system, develop NEW synthesis (Phase Distortion, true FM DX7 style, User Importable Waveshapes etc) and get INNOVATING. Just think....all that time and effort spent on Total Integration...could have been spent on a new product line, new synthesis etc etc. They really are reluctant to let this go. Unfortuntately, history shows us what happens to companies who can't let go of a bad idea. It eventually sinks them. I say fuck it...before it fucks you.

The Virus is way over priced in this economic climate. Back in 2001/2 the Virus KB cost £1299. In the space of 10 years your paying £1999. Im pretty sure thats damaging sales. You would think they'd sell alot more of £1200 synths than a warehouse of £2000 synths...but I guess Im just clueless.

I dont want this post to be taken as a negative. I love Access...I love what they've done for the music industry (alot of my favourite songs have obvious virus on them) and I want them to survive this econonmic downturn. I dont wanna see them goto the wall. Just refine their business model and get innovating as opposed to dragged down by their TI legacy.

Cheers, DS
I do agree, also I dont have a computer in my studio, so all that TI stuff is a waste of resources to my thinking.
I would love a hardware where I can access more directly on the surface, had and indigo and will get one again soon.