Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Buy and sell

Buy and sell On this area you can post sell/buy ads or discuss pricing issues.

Old 21.12.2012, 11:37 AM
New here
New here

Default FS: Top Mint Access Virus C

>>>SOLD!!!, well... TRADED!<<<

for those who want to know, I got a TI Snow. I just need the TI Aspect :P
Once I saved up enough money, I'm also going to sell the Snow again, and finally get his big brother

Hey,

I bought myself a Virus C a few days ago. Turned out that it was a mistake. Dont get me wrong, it sounds awesome, but the setup process is imo way to complicated. Guess I'm just more a TI guy then :P

I want 700€ + Shipping costs for the Virus. I would prefer a shipment to Europe, but if it has to be, I also could ship it to the US and other countrys. I'm located in Austria btw

Here are some pics:

As stated before, the Virus is in GREAT condition. The installed OS is 6.6. The little white "dots" you can see on the pics are just some small dust particles. The original power supply is included ofc . The original package sadly not

Last edited by MentalVizion : 21.01.2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 21.12.2012, 07:24 PM
Pro
Pro

Hello! May I ask if the "set-up was way too complicated..." is refering to perhaps the M-Audio Axiom Pro controller keyboard with the Virus C Desktop?
I ask because at one point was going to go the Pro Tools route (have since gone to REAPER and never looked back), and I also own the Axiom Pro 61 but my Virus is the KC. Was hoping to use the Axiom Pro with some of my rack synth's and am not so much a software synth guy as a love my hardware. The "Hypercontrol Mapping" on Axiom Pro indeed has many templates but because it's AVID, the Hypercontrol really only works efficiently WITH ProTools and any hardware synths like your Virus C Desktop would need to physically assign/map everything yourself and hopefully it saves it as one of your own templates. AVID/proTools came across rather snobbish and elitist when I requested help then when they told me that my dedicated, custom-build video editing and audio recording desktop (WIN 7 64 bit) was NOT on their "list" of approved AVID compatible systems, AND was told and I quote, "...NOBODY uses an AMD+ motherboard, hex-core unlocked, 3.3Ghz, 12 GB ram,nvidia higher end video card with 2 GB, to successfully run ProTools....blah,blah..."!! That irked me because I actually had a simple question but basically was told to spend a few thousand dollars on a "real PC" then get back to them! EEEEEK!!!
My PC has run REAPER quite fine and actually some other DAW's I was allowed to try before buying (pro tools does not allow this at all BTW).
So, I also have a Novation SL61 MKII controller that has AUTOMAP, something similar to the Axiom's Hypercontrol, but have since found it much easier to just use them as midi controllers without using either Hpercontrol, Automap, or even "midi Learn".
Sorry so long but thought I'd tell you that novation SL61 MKII is SO easy to map and make your own templates and store and it has two physical midi outs, and it's just a matter of turning whatever knob on say your Virus then touch or slightly turn the phsical knob, slider, button, pad, etc, on Novation and it will also show this in screen. Manually assigning on Axiom Pro without using Hypercontrol is very similar. The key-action on the Axiom Pro is probably the best i have experienced in any M-Audio controller tried in music shops. Now that AVID has sold off M-Audio to owners of Akai, Alesis, and (mostly DJ equipment now), with AVID only retaining a few M-Audio products DOES make me worry about whom will and if there will continue to be updated drivers, bug fixes, etc.
Lastly, am I totally off base in aforementioned and it simply is the amount of menu-diving required on the Virus C Desktop that you found cumbersome? FYI--Reaper is only $60. unless you are doing commercial music production and make a good living from it. Reaper also has much more flexability, always free and often updates, not a PC or Mac CPU hog,and has excellent support via Reaper community and you actually can talk to or get pretty immediate emails back addressing any given problem....it is also free to download and try the full version for 30 days and there's only ONE version of Reaper with no limitations oof track counts, et al. Hope this helps in some way. The Virus C is a wonderful beast with incredible filters and with your desktop virus c, you need only a rather basic midi controller or use a synth you may have in closet that has aftertouch and use that. Peace and Merry Christmas!!'Robert
Old 21.12.2012, 07:33 PM
Pro
Pro

FTI--I have O.S. Version 6.5 on my Virus KC and it works just fine. The Version 6.6 you have is a Public Beta version that supposedly addresses arpeggiator bejavior/timing and midi sync issues. I am not too hip on beta anything because you are indeed using at your own risk and I have enough on my learning plate not to mention physical health issues from my military career!!
Robert
Old 22.12.2012, 03:23 PM
New here
New here

Hey,

Yea I have the Axiom Pro 49 :P.

Though everything is working pretty fine just now. Just tried some different settings in Cubase and got lucky^^

I also downgraded the Firmware to 6.5 again since I had a bug with the Release knob. Everytime I played a note it sounded like I would hold the Key down for a few seconds. So yeah, 6.5 rules!
Old 23.12.2012, 01:09 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I think that's a bit weird. I've been using the 6.6 version for a long time with no issues at all. And if there was some major problem, Access would have updated the OS again, which they didn't because it was functioning properly.

But... whatever works... enjoy your synth.
Old 20.01.2013, 05:06 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

i PMed you..
Old 20.01.2013, 07:48 AM
Pro
Pro

I notice in your beautifully-shot photos of the Virus C Desktop you have BOTH midi in AND out connected to your Axiom Pro. Did you try ONLY using midi out from Virus to midi in of Axiom Pro to control all parameters when you had O.S. 6.6 loaded-up? Wondering if you had caused a "midi feedback loop" of sorts having it connected as aformentioned according to your pics? Lastly, as Tweakhead asked; Did you report issue to Access or ask AVID, whom from my understanding in the sell-off of M-Audio, kept a few higher-end M-Audio products under their wings? Or M-Audio if the Axiom Pro went with everything else in sell-off to where Alesis, Akai, and now reside? I ask because my Axiom Pro 61 is still in box in closet as have been spending "quality time" with newly acquired Waldorf Q Rack, making my Virus learn to "play nice" with the perhaps frightening bright yellow alien beast in still setting-up final configuration in home studio. Yes, my Axiom has not come out yet--he's in the closet
Old 20.01.2013, 08:03 AM
Pro
Pro

ALSO, M-Audio's audio interfaces and from what I have read on forums, the Axiom Pro as well, are prone to being incredibly picky about the "order" in which you turn-on their hardware AND M-Audio stuff works best connected ALWAYS to the SAME usb port in which you initially connected it and ran software/updates and made your set-up parameters via your audio interface. For this reason of craziness if I have set-up issues with my M-Audio (now AVID) Fast Track C600 usb/midi audio interface--will then just go with an interface with Firewire 400 such as the Presonus FireStudio.
I guess what I am getting at and asking is if your are really SURE the problem was with Virus C Desktop since I too have not read any problems such as yours with O.S. 6.6. I have just been lazy and not updated my Virus KC to 6.6 yet but it does work without issue with v6.5. The Axiom Pro DOES have really nice feeling keyboard with totally adjustable aftertouch and velocity sensativity settings and it's "snow-arctic-white" color and layout of controls is quite nice on the eyes as well!
Old 20.01.2013, 09:27 PM
Veteran
Veteran

yes, never had a problem with version 6.6. and it turns out there's finally an "audio unit" version of rekon audio's virus controller, which I'm thinking about getting. In theory, it would add some "ti" convenience to the setup. but would like to hear from someone who's used first, as they ask for something like 70 bucks for it (yeah, i Know) and I think I read some complaints about stability somewhere before. So... if anyone can shed some light into that, please...

but overall, I've had a good experience with the virus c. even automating it with logic is dead easy to do - as long as you know the CC for the parameters, I have a list of those somewhere to... my method thus far, has been to save the patches I use (at least the main ones) on a folder inside the project's folder. really easy to manage and fast to, once I got used to it. I don't even bother to dump the patches to the project, just keep the midi sequences there, and record the audio, that's it

I think there's probably more people that work like that, never even asked. this vst would surely make automating and keeping patches a lot easier though...

cheers
Old 23.05.2013, 12:17 PM
New here
New here

hiiii
is it still available???
thxx