Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Buy and sell

Buy and sell On this area you can post sell/buy ads or discuss pricing issues.

Old 01.05.2006, 06:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default [FS] Powercore mk2 pci dsp card (pc/mac)

Card is about 8 months old, comes with original box, documentation and installation cds and is fully working.

Great little card with some nice plugs.... http://www.tcelectronic.com/PowerCorePCImkII

You also get 20 hours to test the optional TC plugs with poco software version 2.0

?499
$899
e719

With FREE shipping globally.

pm if interested.

ten
Old 08.05.2006, 03:29 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: [FS] Powercore mk2 pci dsp card (pc/mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Card is about 8 months old, comes with original box, documentation and installation cds and is fully working.

Great little card with some nice plugs.... http://www.tcelectronic.com/PowerCorePCImkII

You also get 20 hours to test the optional TC plugs with poco software version 2.0

?499
$899
e719

With FREE shipping globally.

pm if interested.

ten
Ten mate...Why you floggin all your Gear??it wasn't long back you flogged your Fireface 800.
Or you going PCI express with your powercore??
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 08.05.2006, 05:08 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I thought he said something about forking over $$ for a polyevolver and andromeda! Hopefully he stop by and let us know.
Old 08.05.2006, 06:48 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I sold the fireface because RME has a VERY wierd (and quite serious) problem with thier drivers.

I had been doing extensive testing with the guys on the Nuendo forum and discovered this bug during certain situations (I had actually noticed it before but put it down to the complexity of todays daws.) People with other cards doing the same tests didnt get this bug so I decided to obtain a Lynx card (only real other contender for high end pc soundcard) to see what would happen. Perfect, bug was completely gone with the Lynx card.

To cut a long story short, RME refuse bluntly to admit to this bug or talk about it and tbh they have been the laughing stock on the Nuendo forum because of it. Many people have sold up RME kit to goto Lynx or someone else, its truly pathetic and embarresing of RME.

Anyway, the Lynx card is pci and I have only 3 pci slots (and 4 pcie slots) which were all taken up with powercore cards. I never really used the third so that is why it was for sale.

I do plan however on getting a Lynx pcie card when the time comes and maybe another poco mk2 unplugged just incase or even maybe whatever UA are going to announce at the AES show in Paris end of this month.

I did sell my virus TI 61 and bought a polar which should be here end of week. I also have on order an Andro A6 which due to Alesis moving manufacturing plants (and it nearing the end of its lifespan) means im going to have to wait till the end of May, early June for that.

And yes I also will be getting a DSI poly evolver in June and the Roland sh-201 when its out.

Thats about it

ten
Old 08.05.2006, 09:46 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

What was the bug?

Interested as I have an RME hammerfall and have no problems with it...

I probably shouldn't be asking!
Old 09.05.2006, 12:25 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Here is the thread...

http://www.nuendo.com/phpbb2/viewtop...t=8614&start=0

Its 17 pages long but has some good info

To cut a long read short basically if you start a project and build it up and up then save it, re-opening that exact same project would show an increase in cpu meter on RME kit.

Even rebooting the pc wouldnt cure the problem.

Several people reported this including myself, when I tried the Lynx card the exact same thing worked fine.

Now weather this is due to certain situations or plugs or whatever is unknown, but I had noticed similar inconsistencies with my own projects. One day I had a ton of cpu left, the next it was higher when nothing in the project had changed at all.

Since using the Lynx card this has gone completely and its so much nicer to use at low latency than the fireface ever was.

ten
Old 09.05.2006, 02:11 AM
Pro
Pro

I expect to hear many demos of that DS polyevolver dude

I really want one of those puppies too, and am seriously considering the sh201 as well. But I might actually go for the Juno G instead. The sh201 is really just a modernised JP and those sounds are so rinsed out I dunno if its really a good investment anymore. Although, I did love the sound of my jp8080, just didn't like programming it.