Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27.04.2014, 07:38 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default The age-old question about the dark art of Resampling

Hi Infekted, first-time poster here. I've had my Virus TI for a couple of years now and I've been slowly ramping up my 'production game' as they say. One thing that continually frustrates me, however, is this 'resampling' business. My goal is to be producing dark, aggressive D&B and breaks, and I seem to take a crack at this technique every few months, only to become more frustrated.

I understand the technical processes behind it. I've watched hours of tutorial videos, browsed countless threads and I am extremely detail-oriented. I've gotten some pretty great sounds directly out of the Virus - from straight detuned reeses, to FM throbs, etc., but they tend to lack cohesion. Reconciling the technical with the creative in terms of when and what exactly to load into a sampler, is a part that confuses me. I can load a simple detuned reese into Live's Sampler and play with its shaper and morph filter, and play a boring timestretched melody, but creating interest and maintaining a cohesive sound seem to fall apart very quickly. Add to it the fact that Live and the Virus tend not to get along and it gets very frustrating very quickly. Any tips to this end? Thanks.