Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 28.07.2013, 08:15 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Some pics for your perusal!

I just recently got a new camera (Canon T4i rebel) too mess around with & have put a few pics up in Flickr which is cool. You get a full 1Tb of storage to use for free when you sign up. There's also a timelapse video I took with it of our night blooming cactus the other evening. It blooms only 2-3 times a year & for only one night but quite beautiful when it does. Just click the Flickr link at the bottom of the sig. if you want to check it out.
Old 29.07.2013, 11:46 AM
Definately caught something...
Analog Synth Dsp Lover

Nice one Berni I guess the flickering is because you were using one of the automatic modes? I made a similar mistake in a time lapse I did, should have set it to manual exposure. Got the same camera myself a few months back but it's called the EOS 650D over here in the UK. It's a really nice camera

-Fordy

Gear: Access Virus KC, Arturia Matrix Brute, Korg Radias, Novation Supernova II, Nord Lead A1, Roland V-Synth GT 2, Behringer DM 12, Korg Krome, Spark LE.

FX:
Behringer 3DFX2000, EH Stereo Electric Mistress, Lexicon MX400.

My synth videos on Youtube
Old 29.07.2013, 08:20 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Nice one Berni I guess the flickering is because you were using one of the automatic modes? I made a similar mistake in a time lapse I did, should have set it to manual exposure. Got the same camera myself a few months back but it's called the EOS 650D over here in the UK. It's a really nice camera
yeah you are totally correct, I should have had it on manual instead it was auto focusing every shot...still learning. The strobing kinda makes it a bit trippy though Lol.
Old 30.07.2013, 01:31 AM
Pro
Pro

Getting a decent SLR is high on my wish list, when I am no longer flat broke..

Cute cat berni!

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 30.07.2013, 06:10 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Getting a decent SLR is high on my wish list, when I am no longer flat broke..

Cute cat berni!
'Frank' as I call him is a stray that has adopted us. I guess he prefer's hanging with us than his original owners & love's House music
Old 30.07.2013, 10:54 AM
Pro
Pro

Beautiful pics, Berni! What is it with we musician/synth-heads and our staple studio cat(s)? My cat absolutely loves when I am messing about with sound and actually lays flat on back, spread-eagle below the stands. The initial intense blue LEDs of the DSI MEK was the only thing he had wanted to actually pounce but never ever chews cables, just the occasional swat at the headphones cable! HA!
Really nice pics of old boats. Vivid color!
Old 30.07.2013, 01:23 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
Beautiful pics, Berni! What is it with we musician/synth-heads and our staple studio cat(s)? !
count me in!

I have one that likes the sound so much usually makes a pillow out of the sound card. Only thing was, had to buy another monitor once because the bouncing woofer was all of the sudden a target - but that's over now.

The pictures are very cool and with very nice colors and light. Is that where you live Berni? Seems wonderful, where is that at? Such a nice looking beach! It all seems very warm and relaxing. Very cool!
Old 30.07.2013, 04:21 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Great pics!

I've wanted to get a DSLR for some time, but my girlfriend is a camera fiend (she is always bogarting my Nikon point and shoot as well as my phone and her own to take various pics or selfies to post on facebook). So if I did get a new camera it would just become a new social media novelty for her instead of getting proper use by me.
Old 30.07.2013, 07:54 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Thanks for the cool comments everyone. I took all the pic's myself and are from in & around Key West, Florida where I live It's a pretty nice place to live but really hot & humid right now which gives me a good excuse to sit in my nice air conditioned studio a lot more ; ) The old boats are a collection of home made refugee boats that have ended up here. Key West is actually nearer Cuba than it is to the mainland USA so we get a lot of Cuban's taking there chances to escape Castro. Most of them are intercepted by the coast guard but a few make it...you wouldn't get me in one of those thing's, way too dodgy.
Old 30.07.2013, 08:50 PM
Pro
Pro

Since this IS off-topic playground, thought to share this humane preventative that was shared with me that keeps your studio cat(s) or otherwise from even being tempted to chew even the best cable management.

It's so simple but it works! All you do is buy one of those small bottles of Tabasco Sauce and make a solution 1:1 with water, then take cotton balls dipped in it and then squeezed mostly, then simply wrap cotton ball around cables and quickly give them a coating. Like what mace and pepper spray is to humans, without the overt affects, only if an animal were to start to chew on cables, they simply are smart enough to not ever do it again with no harm done to animal and no, it does not stink-up your studio area.

Yes, this WAS none other than a Martha Stewart "tip" for power cords but I took it step further. HA! I have a Maine Coon Cat-Mix and they are incredibly smart cats with very unusual behavior and can be called kind of 'dog-like' in their antics. When I first got an MEK and was playing with headphones on and had just turned a bit to read Anu Kirk's, "Definitive Guide to the Evolver" that's in pdf on an e-reader, my cat did his "squirrel-cat thing" and stood only on hind legs with no other support and reached up and actually put his paw on high end key of MEK and since it was set to high note priority, it activated the sequence and did not scold him because thought it was really cool!
My digital camera's image size or resolution may be too large to post pic of him but will try. Too large! Will need to read the manual and see how to make smaller format. It's nothing like you have. Have a separate one that is a video camera by Kodak that actually has an audio line in and records video and audio various formats and onto micro SDHC and is quite a few steps above those 'Flip recorders' and plan to use it when eventually ready to perhaps post to YT and digital camera is a better Kodak one as well. To this date though, have not participated/joined likes of Facebook and a heavy dosage of military PTSD may very well be reason this has not appealed to me and am probably one of few humans in developed world that has no need for a so called Smart Phone, either. Yeah, I am as odd as my cat and we make a great team!