Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 02.01.2010, 10:29 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default What's up with the soft knobs

The list of params available for the soft knobs doesnt make much sense.

I see EQ Mid settings but no EQ High? What about Filter1/Filter2 cutoff? (Isn't Data Entry one of those?) And what's with the makes-no-sense names like Control 13 or Data Entry? Why different amounts of options for the modulation matrix?

Old 03.01.2010, 08:33 AM
Pro
Pro

i dont know the reason for this sort of list of parameters..
but there are ways to link the soft knobs to any parameter by either using the list of soft knob parameters of the mod matrix..
you need to link the controllers like 'controller 3' to the soft knob...and then in the mod matrix, assign that controller to th parameter...that way you link the soft knob to the parameter indirectly.
Old 15.01.2010, 03:01 PM
Am starting to like this forum

The softknobs parameters could have been better thought out, for instance, why is there no Osc 2 Pitch???
Old 15.01.2010, 04:27 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

The Filter1/2 cutoff and Osc2 pitch already have their own dedicated knobs and MIDI CCs, so it may seem surplus to requirements to have two knobs on the dashboard that do the same thing.

Not sure about the Data Entry or lack of EQ Hi/Lo parameters though, although for the EQ thing you could fake it to an extent by using the Low/High-pass models for Saturation or Distortion if they're not being used for other stuff. (That's what I do for my Indigo which doesn't have dedicated 3-band EQ like the Virus C and TI has.)