Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.10.2005, 08:21 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default TI click noises

Hi,
I am getting some random click noises when I change the patches on my TI desktop.

It only happens to some of the patches, even the factory demo song (happened once), but sometimes the clicks go away when I select the same "problematic" patch(es) again... so it is totally random.

I was just wondering that is anyone else here experiencing the same glitch? I hope its caused by the buggy OS, hopefully future updates will fix it.

Or is it caused by unstable voltage change? or it is a defective unit?

Any answers would be most appreicated,

Thank you in advance.
Old 27.10.2005, 09:15 AM
New here
New here

Yes I too got some clicks on program change. At a guess its likely to be a slight glitch as the effects algorithms get re-mapped. The latest OS flash did claim to get rid of some clicks and I must admit I have not noticed any since I updated.
Old 27.10.2005, 11:58 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: TI click noises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegethon
Hi,
I am getting some random click noises when I change the patches on my TI desktop.

It only happens to some of the patches, even the factory demo song (happened once), but sometimes the clicks go away when I select the same "problematic" patch(es) again... so it is totally random.

I was just wondering that is anyone else here experiencing the same glitch? I hope its caused by the buggy OS, hopefully future updates will fix it.

Or is it caused by unstable voltage change? or it is a defective unit?

Any answers would be most appreicated,

Thank you in advance.
hi,

does it happen when USB is not connected?

marc
Old 27.10.2005, 02:52 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I have had this since the first OS - reported to support. Also get it somtimes when tweaking parameters.

It usually precedes a crash. This is with out with USB connected for me.
Old 27.10.2005, 05:37 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
It usually precedes a crash.
it's a crashbox then...
Maybe the bugs gnaw on the internal cables... Maybe the clicks is their courtship behaviour
Old 28.10.2005, 06:06 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hi guys,
Thanks for the replies, seems like its caused by OS bugs. I got a reply from Access Technical Support saying that it could happen when you switch to extremely different parameter settings, since TI has so many.

But the strange thing is that, sometimes when I change to the exactly same "Problematic" program I hear no clicks...

That means the bug(s) fix themselves randomly from time to time? doesnt make sense...
Old 28.10.2005, 06:11 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc

marc

I never used the USB connection since I got the TI, (after reading all the problems with Virus Control, I decided to wait for a better update before I install it).

Yes I get the clicks when I use the 1/4 jack connections.
Old 28.10.2005, 10:34 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegethon
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc

marc

I never used the USB connection since I got the TI, (after reading all the problems with Virus Control, I decided to wait for a better update before I install it).

Yes I get the clicks when I use the 1/4 jack connections.
i dare to say in this case it's likely that your virus has a hardware problem but i don't get clicks here.

is there a particular patch which clicks or does it happen to every patch? did you try to lower the volume of the individual parts in multimode? maybe there is one which does distort?

best, marc
Old 28.10.2005, 01:46 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Marc, I'd have to say there are clicks sometimes in the analog outs. It's not a full time thing just a config thing - which config I cant tell you. Mainly they happen for me if there is any combo between using the USB for midi and analog outs for audio. I think if you use a third party Asio for audio you might add to the chances. Plus if your like most PC producers you stress your ram / cpu / HD because that's what we do. This adds something to the priority of info going out to the virus via the USB. So not everyone gets the probs all the time because everybody has a WAY different PC and they use it WAY differently.

To even speculate that somehow there are a bunch of TIs out there with a hardware click in them sounds a bit naff to tell the truth.

On a possitive side: I've found working completely USB free just as rewarding as with my virus b (if not better due to synth engine upgrade) minus the patch changing hickups in SEQ MODE. Also working in fully USB / Virus Control mode with Virus Asio TOTALLY gratifying and have succesfully pumped out a tasty remix with 12 chanels of TI and two drum vsti synths. AS long as you don't touch the knobs on the TI - causes timing errors - I use the Virus Control for editing, and changing patches causes timing errors - I live with it. Apart from a few held notes when pressing stop, needing a bar before an arp to press play and arp edit not working it's 90% working.
Old 28.10.2005, 02:50 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Has anyone found REMOTE mode in the TI vst?
On Access site its advertising this synth as having a REMOTE mode!
I purchased a Polar to take full advantage of the REMOTE mode along with other things. Now I have spent my good money it dose not seem to have REMOTE mode at all?

Is it legal to advertise like this?
I'm not happy with access at all. I spent all this money and I feel like a beta tester