Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 27.05.2011, 12:50 PM
New here
New here

Default Resampling in Ableton

Do you guys resample (bump) your virus to audio dry, with no effects? Or, do you use the reverb, delay etc on the virus. I am just curious because I want to know what sounds better. Right now I am bumping it dry and then applying Waves reverb and Ableton Delay. Thanks.
Old 31.05.2011, 03:56 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Never really big on too much verb or dealy so if I need a tad just use the virus ones. Plus its convenient to have verb and delay in matrix.
Old 02.08.2011, 06:43 PM
Am starting to like this forum

The thing is, the Virus Reverb and Delay are very unique, and of extremely high quality, so sometimes they really are the best for the job.

But in general, it´s a good mixing/production practice to record them dry into Ableton since you can´t remove recorded effects, which could prove to be a real nightmare once you get other parts played and mixed as a track evolves.
Old 02.08.2011, 06:44 PM
Am starting to like this forum

The thing is, the Virus Reverb and Delay are very unique, and of extremely high quality, so sometimes they really are the best for the job.

But in general, it´s a good mixing/production practice to record them dry into Ableton since you can´t remove recorded effects, which could prove to be a real nightmare once you get other parts played and mixed as a track evolves.