Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 30.10.2005, 10:29 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: TI click noises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegethon
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
for instance if a part of the RAM is damaged.

see, if my machine here would click all the time, especially when nothing is connected, we would locate and fix the bug. but actually, i doesn't click and that's why it's hard to help you without taking a hardware problem into consideration.

marc
The click does not happen all the time, about 1 out 10 patch changes, and it only happens within the first 1 second after switching patch, I dont hear any clicks after that, no matter how long I play same patch for.
you're right, if it happens just in the first second, it's probably not hardware related, at least not RAM released. at the same time, i must do something "wrong" because i cannot make it happen here.

please give me some additional info on the scenario:

- which mode a are you in (single/multi/sequencer)?
- does USB needs to be connected in order to make it click?
- do those clicks only happen when you play a sound?
- do those clicks happen, independently of the patch you're playing?

best, marc
Old 31.10.2005, 12:11 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Re: TI click noises

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate your helps so far. I feel much better now, since it does not seem like a hardware problem.

I really hope the click noise and other OS bugs will be fixed soon, I love the TI sound, when it works its a very nice piece of equipment.

Anyway, additional info on the Clicking problem -

- which mode a are you in (single/multi/sequencer)?
Normally I work with "Single Mode", and thats where I hear the clicks, heard them in "Multi Mode" too, when switching programs, havent tried "Sequencer Mode" yet.

- does USB needs to be connected in order to make it click?
I never used the USB connection since I got my TI last week. I get the same clicks from any of the 3 x 1/4 Outs and the headphone output as well. So at the moment, my TI desktop only has Headphone or 1 Stereo Output and Midi In (for keyboard) connected. My midi controller is quite simple, it ONLY sends midi note on/off messages, it does not send any program change or system messages.

I also get the clicks when I am using "Shift + Search / Audition" when the keyboard is not connected.

- do those clicks only happen when you play a sound?
Yes. when I just change the patches without pressing any notes on my keyboard I do not hear the clicks. When I am playing no matter via keyboard or the "Shift + Search / Audition" on TI, the clicks appear randomly only in the first 1 second when a patch is being selected.

- do those clicks happen, independently of the patch you're playing?
As I mentioned before, there is no particular "Problematic/Clicking" Patch, the clicks are totally Random, it could happen to any patches that is being switched to. But if I switch back to the same patch that I heard the last click from the click sound would disappear, but it will happen again to a totally random patch next time. (Could be 2 - 3 patches apart from the last "Click patch), or it could be more than 10 patches apart sometimes)

I also noticed that a very similar soft click noise can be heard when TI is booting up, I hear it when TI starts itself from the "Virus / TI" screen with the processing bar/line to the last patch you selected before turning off, there is a Click sound when all the lights are back on. You can also hear the same click when you put TI to "Sleep" Transpose+-
Old 03.11.2005, 07:35 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Is it a bug related to mapping? since it only happens when you switch patches? I hear it when the lights and parameters change.
Old 29.08.2009, 07:48 AM
New here
New here

Send a message via ICQ to roocza

bump

i´m just curious, if this issue is hardware or software related, because i´m experiencing same clicks on my TI...
TIOS 2.7.5
please let me know someone, thanks
Old 29.08.2009, 10:15 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Try and update to the latest 3.1.0. Many, many enhancements and fixes are present since the 2.7.5 you are on now.