Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 20.02.2006, 04:18 PM
New here
New here

Default Recording the Virus TI into Ableton Live?

Forgive my noobness; just got my TI this weekend and it's the first piece of hardware I've ever owned.

At any rate, I'm using Ableton Live 5.0 as my host sequencer and I have everything up and running. I can record and playback midi on the TI no problem, however I just found out that apparently Live 5 doesn't support Realtime Exporting so I can't render any of the stuff I'm working on to .wav.

The solution access support told me is to record everything I'm doing into Live, yet I have no idea how to do that. Can anyone lend me a hand?

Thanks in advance.
Old 20.02.2006, 10:44 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I dont use LIVE, so forgive me if my terminology is a bit foreign...

Im using Cubase SX, and the way I do it is to have my MIDI channel set up, and a Audio channel. SOLO the MIDI and Audio channel, and make sure that your Ti is set up so it is feeding audio into the Audio channel. Make sure the Audio channel has "Record enable", and then hit record.

The MIDI sequence should play, the Virus Ti outputs are sent into your soundcard inputs, and the Audio channel should be set to these inputs, receiving Virus audio. This should be done using regular MIDI and Audio cables, NOT USB...

Hope that helps out!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 20.02.2006, 11:27 PM
New here
New here

It does, thanks a lot. Got it all up and running now :P