Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 04.06.2010, 08:22 PM
New here
New here

Default how to sidechain virus ti in ableton live 8?

Hi forum members can any one give me a step by step guide on how to sidechain duck/compression my access virus ti desktop in ableton live 8 on a mac, i do not want to bounce down the midi track to audio to do this , im new to this so please excuse me if this has been covered already elsewhere but a step by step guide would be greatly appreciated, thankyou!
Old 04.06.2010, 08:38 PM
New here
New here

Sorry im using the in built audio card on my macbook pro an not the sound card in the virus ti
Old 04.06.2010, 09:06 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Are you trying to get the 'sidechain bass' sound that acts like Deadmau5 have championed? If so you won't have much luck as there's no compressor in the Virus effects. You'd be better off routing your Bass to a different audio channel in Live and slapping Live's compressor on it, sidechained to a kick track.

If that's the case there's tons of content on YouTube on how to do this. Just search 'Ableton Sidechain'.

Hope that's what you were looking for.
Old 04.06.2010, 09:23 PM
New here
New here

yes thats pretty much what id like to do but maybe some pad sounds aswell i have tried what you suggested but im still getting no ducking sound, would you be able to explain how i should go about it, i know how to put a compressor on a audio channel but apart from that not having any luck thankyou for the help and id b e very happy if you could explain exactly how i should setup and route this
Old 04.06.2010, 09:32 PM
New here
New here

i dont really want to have to bounce the midi track to an audio track so i can automate it and add effects as i go, can i route the midi track to a audio track so i can add audio effects with out recording or bouncing down to audio track
Old 05.06.2010, 12:31 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

I'm still a bit foggy sorry as I don't see why there's a need to bounce when you can monitor live and tweak accordingly.

Let's forget about the Virus for now. Let's say you wanted to apply sidechain compression to an instance of Operator. Are you familiar with doing so? If not, this should help clear things up:

If I'm simplifying things too much let me know. I'm posting from work and a little groggy