Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.09.2006, 01:36 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Default how do your TIs respond to sysex?

how do your TIs respond to sysex?

Mine sometimes doesn't sometimes does. Checked in four configurations:

Yamaha RM1x sequence remixer
Cubase SX1
sx3
nuendo 3

In response to my question why TI deals with sysex so badly Access first told me to upgrade sx1 to sx3

then said cubase had been poor at sending system exchange messages for years.

now I have tested the matter with a hardware sequencer and things appear to be no better.

single message at a time, no controllers, no notes, slow tempo, slow enough for each set to be swallowed (plus a short break).

Please help.
Old 15.09.2006, 07:23 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Do a google and download midi-ox. It's the best app for exchanging sys-ex. Cubase isn't good at recording sysex anyway.
Old 15.09.2006, 05:08 PM

I haven't had any problems, even using Logic 5.5.1 on a clapped out old PC, with a MT4 midi interface. Maybe Logic has always been good at sysex. I never recall any sysex problems using Notator (Logic's grandfather) on the Atari ST either.

I still find it disturbing that the TI doesn't confirm when a sysex load has been successful. Apparently, it will let you know if it's been 'un-successful', but luckily I haven't seen this message yet.

mr o
Old 16.09.2006, 09:33 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

diy
I have and use midi-ox. indeed it is reliable. this makes me wonder why hardware sequencer is not. to be precise - it is not fully reliable, which makes me think that either I do something wrong (I can't imagine what this would be though, since setting any speed - even very low speed for sending stuff to ti, one single at a time and nothing else at the same time - and the sound is different than expected ) or my ti has a problem with sequencers. I will write to Access again.

Mr. Orange

how does the TI say that sysex transmission was unsuccessful? ne'er heard od any message telling this.

Thanx

T
Old 25.09.2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTAL
how does the TI say that sysex transmission was unsuccessful? ne'er heard od any message telling this.T
According to access support, using the 'verify' function, to check whether a sysex dump has been successful, will apparently give you a 'failed' message if it, err... failed. It gives no message if it was successful. So, the moral of the story is; no news is good news.

mr o
Old 26.09.2006, 11:03 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Thx, Mister.