Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06.05.2014, 03:39 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Your definition of music (whether for arguments sake or not) is very, very shallow.
And as I have mine, you have your opinions, some which I find to be shallow as well, but I guess it's great that we all have ours. The very last sentence in my prior post said that my own definition was much more open than what I was describing, yet you still decided something yet undefined was too narrow for you -- without ever knowing fully what my definition of music is.

And regardless, my music creation goals and opinions are mine and mine alone. I'm not out to convince anyone they should be more like me, the world doesn't need any cheap imitations

Skrillex comes up in dub step discussions because he's considered one of the poster boys (if not THE poster boy) of the modern incarnation of the genre. As I said, if he has some tracks where someone could sit down at a piano and start playing the basics of the tune and others would be able to identify it, then those tracks would meet one of my own musical goals. I don't hear that in any of his more popular tracks and the links you posted would not display for me. I'm not trying to tell anyone they should adopt my view, and anyone would need to be trying hard not to have seen that in my prior message -- more less pining for a debate on the subject which I'm not really interested in as much as simple expression of viewpoint.

Last edited by MBTC : 06.05.2014 at 04:56 PM.