Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.10.2005, 07:31 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+?
Is it legal to advertise like this?
Is it legal to lie at all?

I know, here in my country, there's a public authority who's observing whether there's advert that's untrue...
the fact that the remote mode has not been implemented yet is not a secret. just have a look at the readme file. in which country do you live?

marc
Old 29.10.2005, 01:56 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Re: TI click noises

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegethon
Quote:

does it happen when USB is not connected?

marc

I never used the USB connection since I got the TI, (after reading all the problems with Virus Control, I decided to wait for a better update before I install it).

Yes I get the clicks when I use the 1/4 jack connections.
i dare to say in this case it's likely that your virus has a hardware problem but i don't get clicks here.

is there a particular patch which clicks or does it happen to every patch? did you try to lower the volume of the individual parts in multimode? maybe there is one which does distort?

best, marc
I am pretty sure that the clicks are not from volume overload. They sound like soft digital clicks.

And there are no particular "Click" patches, The click noise is totally random, even happened the factory demo song once. One thing I dont understand is that if I select the last same patch that I heard the clicks from again, the clicks would go away, and it only happens in the first 1-5 seconds after you have switched to a "problematic" patch.

If it was caused by a hardware problem, doesnt that mean the clicks would be around all the time? how could broken hareware fix itself?

Thank you all for your answers so far, I really appreciated them.
Old 29.10.2005, 12:04 PM
This forum member lives here

Clicks and sparks have always been with the Virus's. I had it with my KC. The sparks/clicks were random.....but id always have one or two in any given session. Caused either by changing patches......or once new patch has been selected.....by depressing the keys to play it. Suffice to say....those sparks/pop/clicks were a true pleasure to the ears at high volume. Im of the opinion they are caused by the internal effects....as I never had it when the effects where turned off.

and for what its worth.....i think delay and reverb were the biggest culprits. Chorus, phaser etc seemed to work fine.

I think alot of these pops/clicks people are talking about directly relate to the effects section....and NOT a hardware fault.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 29.10.2005, 12:17 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Yeah that's true in some cases for sure. The after effects of the effects, if you will can cause a clicking sound. In my post I've turned off all FX, and still get a clickety-click noise. Not a pop, but little soft clicks.
Old 29.10.2005, 05:06 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegethon
If it was caused by a hardware problem, doesnt that mean the clicks would be around all the time? how could broken hareware fix itself?
for instance if a part of the RAM is damaged.

see, if my machine here would click all the time, especially when nothing is connected, we would locate and fix the bug. but actually, i doesn't click and that's why it's hard to help you without taking a hardware problem into consideration.

marc
Old 29.10.2005, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyur
Yeah that's true in some cases for sure. The after effects of the effects, if you will can cause a clicking sound. In my post I've turned off all FX, and still get a clickety-click noise. Not a pop, but little soft clicks.
Gotchya. Are these clicks associated with super fast envelopes? I get this with my DX7 also....if set to 99 i get clicks....if I set to 87 I still get punch minus the clicks as I depress the keys...

You tried that m8?

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 29.10.2005, 07:36 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyur
Gotchya. Are these clicks associated with super fast envelopes? I get this with my DX7 also....if set to 99 i get clicks....if I set to 87 I still get punch minus the clicks as I depress the keys...
Yes - this is an important point. Are these clicks at the start of the note, or during the sustain phase?
Old 29.10.2005, 09:07 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I used to get these same clicks before I disabled 'legacy usb support' in the bios. I havent heard from them since. They were right at the start of a note as you say and would sound even if the attack was 40 or more.

Wolfram on the mailing list said...

"The "tick" is a little spike with around -48dB volume to sync MIDI
and audio to sample exact timing.

Usually you don't hear it because it's cleared out from the audio
stream. You can only hear it when the measurement went wrong, i.e. if
the tick came in too late or so.

And more importantly: the tick is only generated when there is
silence on the audio stream and the sequencer is stopped, it's not
generated as long as there are notes sounding or the sequencer is
playing back. So, it won't intefere with your music at all."

Mine was definately ticking when the sequencer was playing and when sound was being made, and it was not the click sound on fast envelopes that was part of the sound engine to make certain sounds (brass?) ala jp80xx or similar synths. Anyhow, as I say, doing that tweak in the bios fixed mine and fingers crossed it wont crop up again! Maybe its something to do with people having really old usb devices on the same bus as the TI or even having a saturated usb bus....I dunno

ten
Old 30.10.2005, 01:49 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
for instance if a part of the RAM is damaged.

see, if my machine here would click all the time, especially when nothing is connected, we would locate and fix the bug. but actually, i doesn't click and that's why it's hard to help you without taking a hardware problem into consideration.

marc
The click does not happen all the time, about 1 out 10 patch changes, and it only happens within the first 1 second after switching patch, I dont hear any clicks after that, no matter how long I play same patch for.

I just want to make sure that it is caused by hardware damage before I take it back to the shop.

If the RAM was defective, shouldnt the clicks happen to every single patch change? and the clicks noise would stay with the same patches, instead of appearing totally randomly?

What could the other possiblities be to cause such problem aside from RAM damage? and what kind of options have I got? take it back and get a refund? or ask Access to send me a new RAM or perhaps other parts?

And also I found out that the clicks happen before the FX section, if it happens to be a patch with "delay" ON, the clicks would get the delay fx too in the mix. So its only 1 click sometimes when switching patches, instead of a couple (5-8 in roll) as I mentioned before, the rest were definitely caused by the delay fx.

I cannot believe it, after spending that much money and waiting for that long... I really hope that it is not a hardware problem. Doesnt Access have a quality check procedure before the units get released to public? at the end of the day, customers are the ones that really suffer from it, since Access, distributors and retailers have already got what they needed from us ... All customers have to pay(in full) in advance to be Beta testers? Crazy world indeed!
Old 30.10.2005, 07:30 AM
Veteran
Veteran

It shouldn't hurt to hang on for while - if it is a hardware fault, then it'll still be under warranty for a good while yet. In the meantime it may well get ironed out.

Is the problem really so bad as to render the synth unusable?