Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 31.01.2012, 09:35 PM
New here
New here

Default considering trading nord lead2x for virus TI

Greeting, Virus Forum.

It's my first time here, but I've been admiring the Virus for many years. I'm finally in a position where I can afford one, and I've been thinking about replacing my Nord Lead 2x with a Virus TI (or TI2). A few questions, if you'll bear with the noob here . . .

1. My favorite aspect of the Lead2x is having four sound banks to choose from in performance mode, in which case you can layer any combination of the four sounds, or use them as individual synths that can be switched between at the push of a button. For certain songs I use the banks separately as individual sounds and/or midi channels to control my moog, and then for other songs I use the banks as layers, or split the KB and layer bank A & B as two octaves and C & D as two octaves, and so on. SO, my question, does the Virus offer a similar interface that offers such versatility in a live setting?

2. How difficult would it be (if its even possible) to transfer five or six custom patches from the nord to the virus? Can it be done without doing an entire dump?

3. Finally, I'm still deliberating on whether to get the TI or the TI2 . . . I've read that the only difference is 25% more processing power, and a couple extra knobs(?). Is this the ONLY difference? (I'm pretty sure I won't need the extra power, not really using it as a VST, just live hardware and controller). Think it's worth the extra $ ?

Thank you all in advance for any advice you share.

Cheers
Old 05.02.2012, 01:03 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

I don't think Q2 can be done at all!!!

I'd say keep your Nord and have both synths. I've got the Nord rack 2 and my TI as my master keyboard.
Old 07.02.2012, 12:49 PM
New here
New here

Thanks for replying. I was pretty sure that #2 wasn't possible. And don't worry, I'm definitely keeping the nord (I love it). I was just thinking about replacing it in my gigging rig, I try to keep it as light as I can. so, what about Q1? can the Virus do that too?
Old 07.02.2012, 10:46 PM
Infektion taking hold...

For question # 1, try using Multi mode. With this mode, you can layer/split up to 16 parts on the keyboard and also on several MIDI channels.

About question # 2, you'll have to recreate those Programs/Performances. This will require effort and it even may be impossible for certain features... you'll have to find out

Regarding question # 3, if you'll commonly use the Multi mode with many layered complex Programs, you may be safer with TI2. Otherwise, I think TI will be just enough. Until now (this also applies to the new OS5), every OS update will equally be applied to TI and TI2
Old 08.02.2012, 06:46 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I really like how the nord lead sounds though I've been able to recreate a lot of the older sounds I enjoyed on the virus. Only one I haven't been able to do is the fm / pulse width vocal alien synth that is common on the nord... I have 'Discovery' and it works fine as a replacement for this purpose.