Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 05.03.2007, 08:48 AM
New here
New here

Default my Virus TI Polar at home and live: GREAT

Well... in this ultramodern times of usb interfaces, total integration, vsts and plugins, I am usiing my TI with an ultraold midi sequencer, the Yamaha QY700.
And the result is GREAT. The virus in sequencer mode gives me an easy approach to tracks. I use the TI for everything... drums, bass, leads, pads...

When I am live the TI gives me rhodes, hammonds, leads... everything I need... it is easy to transport and has a KILLER sound in the mix.

Praise to access for this jewell.

This post seems useless BUT it has a sense : just to say that the TI is a great instrument even if you do not use the pc integration !!!
Old 05.03.2007, 10:47 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I have a dream: That someday a hardware midi sequencer will play all my songs on the TI. I've wanted so many sequencers to be the one. ASR-10 (sentimental favourite), RM1x, Triton Extreme, Fantom X (the most capable), MC-50 mkII. They are all slower to use than software for the way I string patterns together, but I would really like to be somewhere other than in front of the computer.

Good luck with your music, midi only rocks!

B
Old 06.03.2007, 03:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to ///AznTi

I have never tried the Ti in live mode. I love it for VC but I am definitely curious how it is for a live rig.

Anyone have opinions?

Thanks
Old 07.03.2007, 10:13 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AznTi View Post
I have never tried the Ti in live mode. I love it for VC but I am definitely curious how it is for a live rig.

Anyone have opinions?

Thanks
Well
As I said I am using ONLY my TI POLAR in live. I play rock/blues with some prog ideas and I am very happy of TI sounds.
The keyboard extension of the Polar is not a problem because most of the times I was playing these threee octaves even if when I had a regular 61 keys synth... and let us face it! It is the typical range of keyboard parts... and in any case the TI has a GREAT octave transpose system (which I learned to master quite well) and you can reach higher notes very easily during solos...
I find it GREAT because I can access (!) all my favourite sounds in no time, and add real time effects and modifications just turning some knobs...
I use hammond organs, rhodes and FM pianos, synth leads... and every sound comes out clear in the mix... believe me this little monster is a real live killer!
Plus, it is easy to transport, it's white and has some weird lights!

Last edited by pafanin : 07.03.2007 at 10:17 AM.