Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 16.02.2007, 02:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to ///AznTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvinyl View Post
Got it working kinda.
here's the scenario

switched R and W on virus ti rightclicked on sustain and added to automation
but there's still bits of automation happening that shouldnt be, but when i open the piano roll of the track in cubase I cant see any automation, just system exclusive?
Just like Drammy said meng. You have to think in two realms. Midi and audio including VSTs

But I think I understand what you are doing. You are looking for the automation changes for example that piano roll on that track within cubase. Most likely you are clicking the midi event on that track and do not see the automation pass.

Just like I said in my other response....hehe

Go down to the VST Instruments section and look at the section Virus Ti Synth. Look for the (((+))) symbol then look for the exact automation event you just recorded. The reason why you do not see the event is because you are looking at the wrong location. You have to find the automation event you mapped on your piano roll.

Follow this example for a second. Lets say I automated Cutoff Filter 1 on midi channel 1 on the Virus Ti. My next step would go to the Virus Ti Synth in VST instruments and add (((+)))Cutoff Filter 1 on midi channel on the Virus Ti.
Make sure W is clicked and you will see the automation recorded. I hope this helps. And I do not mean to patronize as well. I want you to understand this so you can see the depth and greatness of VSTs and your Ti.

Now get to it and make us proud hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopkris40 View Post

As for the sync issue is this with arps? There is a standard practice to start your song at say 3.0.0.0 but let the sequencer start playing at 1.0.0.0 There seems to be some issues with the cubase time code settling, see if that helps.

kris

Great tip. Didn't know that...hehe
Old 17.02.2007, 12:17 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

well i take it your on about the arrange window in cubase, well anyway why is the virus so hard to automate, what is the actual function of right clicking on a knob in ti and adding it to automation, what does that actually do?
Old 17.02.2007, 02:46 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

there are too many paramaters that can be automated in the TI, Access felt in their infinite wisdom that to have them all pre-installed would make it too messy to find what you're looking for. ball and ox! so by right clicking you are making yoou're own automation list that you can use. if the names not down it aint getting in! sort of crap but allows some users to have a simple drop down list. it does however add that option to every channel for the TI, so it's not like you have to add for every part.... but read on

Personally and on all my other gear I may add, I simply hit record and hey presto what I'm doing on the synth is recorded.

But with the TI it is a little different. You can make it happen this way everytime though. The automation set-up you make by right clicking is saved in the .fxb file for that project, by the way this is important!! it is good practice to one time set it up everyting you would like to automate, then export or save the .fxb file as you would save a patch with a normal softsynth.

At the same time you do this I'd advise you set up a start-up project template that you would use for everysong, the reason for this is that if you do the template now then all automation you have added will alway's be there.

I have to confirm this but sure this is what was wrong with the set-up I had tonight. The template only had a a couple of filter options, but on another song i can remember adding more to my list. simple option for me to go back to that project load it up save .fxb somewhere and then I can alway load it up.

shit does that make sense.
Old 17.02.2007, 03:15 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I can't wait to have these problems... tomorrow
-Cubase 5.0.1
Access Virus TI OS 3.0.3
Moog Voyager
Old 17.02.2007, 03:57 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I really should just take the time to do the .fxb and post it somewhere, might save a lot of people the hassle. Dan, just load the tutorial song and you'll see how things are done
Old 20.02.2007, 08:23 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Question

OK so I am getting there nearly now with the automation thanx lads!

BUT one small big problem, I am getting what sounds like release going full on over a particualr part I have wrote, it just keeps randomly coming on when it likes. but cant spot no automation or anything visual that is making this happen.

why??

what can I try

already tried checking all parts of automation, reseting virus, reseting devices within cubase.

This seems to have been happening since I installed v 2.0 but not sure whether thats the cause or not

any help would be great thanx
Old 21.02.2007, 07:22 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Does it stop if you turn the Green R off - ie stop the TI reading the automation?
Old 21.02.2007, 04:28 PM
Very mucho Newbie

doesnt make any difference whether R is on or not, it still keeps happening

I'm also getting some wierd pitch or detuning randomly happening on parts
Listen to the audio file here for a preview -
www.janetbradford.com/OLDSKOOLOK_VIRUS.mp3

On the 5th or 6th stab the sound starts changing, even though I have done
nothing to it and there is nothing in automation, it seems to happen at
random times aswell, which makes me think its nothing to do with automation
at all

bizarre
Old 21.02.2007, 04:49 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

in the patch can you check the mod matrix for any modulation settings, also the lfo settings, there are also some hidden pitch settings in the OSC menu have a look in there, if you use another patch with the midi file does it still change?
Old 21.02.2007, 05:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to ///AznTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvinyl View Post
doesnt make any difference whether R is on or not, it still keeps happening

I'm also getting some wierd pitch or detuning randomly happening on parts
Listen to the audio file here for a preview -
www.janetbradford.com/OLDSKOOLOK_VIRUS.mp3

On the 5th or 6th stab the sound starts changing, even though I have done
nothing to it and there is nothing in automation, it seems to happen at
random times aswell, which makes me think its nothing to do with automation
at all

bizarre
I don't think that has anything to do with automation. Check your phasing and detune. Also look in the matrix and shut it off one by one and see if that fixes it.

And about time you posted a clip bro...LOL!

Just messing with ya.

Let us know what happens.