Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 02.07.2005, 10:47 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to emperor
Default Pink floyd back from heaven!! Sent tingles down my spine

No Pink floyds not a DJ who makes trance, nor do they use a virus!!

Wow Just been on my knees thanking god for reuniting Pink Floyd at the G8 concert. It was a little shakey at the start but then they ended on "Comfortably Numb", which was sharp and brilliant as Roger Waters voice in time gone by has been sadly vacant. YES YES YES waited too long for this, I can die a happy man now!

Just one more tour and back to the old peoples home please!
Old 02.07.2005, 11:00 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

see you in the great gig in the sky.

i can honestly say it was worth spending 8 hours infront of the tv waiting for them to do 3 songs.
Old 02.07.2005, 11:20 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I must say they impressed me greatly. Im a bit to young to know of them really, but I have heard of them and I have probably heard their songs no doubt somewhere, sometime but I dont think I was born when they actually stopped.

Awesome live show though, great guitar skills and the songs/lyrics were brilliant also. Might have to search out a few of their albums.

The Who were quite impressive also and a lot of the newer bands there, keane has some very cool songs behind them already.

ten
Old 02.07.2005, 11:57 PM

Yup.....The Pink Floyd were AWESOME!!!!!

Definately worth waking up early for....

Ten- Pink Floyd are psychadelic.....definately check em out. I can highly reccommend Animals, and of course Dark Side of the Moon. Some of the earlier stuff is great too....Sid Barretts influence was huge.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 03.07.2005, 08:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

i prefer dark side of the moon.
Old 03.07.2005, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Ten- Pink Floyd are psychadelic.....definately check em out. I can highly reccommend Animals, and of course Dark Side of the Moon. Some of the earlier stuff is great too....Sid Barretts influence was huge.
Pink Floyd left psychedelicsm behind in the early 70's. The only psychedelic PF records are The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Umma Gumma and Saucerful of secrets. From that on PF formed their own kind of slightly progressive, but still easy listening rock. It kinda lacked the progressive elements but it still sounded different and unique.

I'd recommend starting from The Wall or The Dark Side of the Moon (I'd prefer The Wall because it's the easiest album) and after those two Wish You Were Here album. Then it would be a good time to check out the other albums. Animals as a first Pink Floyd album can easily destroy the interest in the band, so I'd recommend avoiding that at first.

Edit: And the show in the Live8 was great! Although the opening, Breathe, was a bit lame, but the show got better towards the end. Comfortably Numb always works.

Edit 2: About the psychedelic Pink Floyd. I think Umma Gumma and Saucerful of Secrets are just a cartfuls of crap. A late 60's yearly 70's psychedelicism for sake of psychedelicism. The psychedelicism doesn't have any function, it's probably have been fun to make but not fun to listen to (unless you dope yourself up so badly that even trance is great, ?hih) and overall those two records only serve as a cruicial formation from the late 60's UG psychedelic rock to the one of the greatest bands of the history. It's like 80's digital synths - Utter crap, but they had to be made as a basis for modern useable synths.
Old 03.07.2005, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Pink Floyd left psychedelicsm behind in the early 70's. The only psychedelic PF records are The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Umma Gumma and Saucerful of secrets.
What about Atom Heart Mother?

Quote:
From that on PF formed their own kind of slightly progressive, but still easy listening rock. It kinda lacked the progressive elements but it still sounded different and unique.
I wouldnt say easy listening.....that kinda sounds boring

Quote:
I'd recommend starting from The Wall or The Dark Side of the Moon (I'd prefer The Wall because it's the easiest album) and after those two Wish You Were Here album. Then it would be a good time to check out the other albums. Animals as a first Pink Floyd album can easily destroy the interest in the band, so I'd recommend avoiding that at first.
Mmmm...The wall. At the height of Waters massive ego! Not my favorite album. Dont know what you mean about animals though, it is probably my favorite album by PF, absolutely brilliant.

Quote:
Edit 2: About the psychedelic Pink Floyd. I think Umma Gumma and Saucerful of Secrets are just a cartfuls of crap. A late 60's yearly 70's psychedelicism for sake of psychedelicism. The psychedelicism doesn't have any function, it's probably have been fun to make but not fun to listen to (unless you dope yourself up so badly that even trance is great, ?hih)
I wasnt a big fan of Umma Gumma, except of course Astronomie Dominie. And whats wrong with being Stoned and listening to Floyd records??? One of my favorite past times

Anyways.....whatever! They rock....I think we agree on that

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 03.07.2005, 01:11 PM

Yeah it finally showed on free to air tonight in AUS (yes we are way behind the times here)

Just one question - WTF was Rob Thomas (ex matchbox twenty) doing on stage with Stevie Wonder? Looked like Stevie was trying to teach Rob how to sing in pitch

Big crowds eh? Nearly as big as the bbq we had here a couple of weeks ago...

cheers

blay
Old 03.07.2005, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
Just one question - WTF was Rob Thomas (ex matchbox twenty) doing on stage with Stevie Wonder? Looked like Stevie was trying to teach Rob how to sing in pitch
I think the most disturbing thing about your post Blay, is that you actually know who Rob Thomas is!!!!!!!!!

I had no idea....and I think Im glad.

Matchbox who?

Old 03.07.2005, 01:30 PM

yeah I expected that one Jase...

Unfortunately in the midst of your cable television experience at your parents house you have missed out on the following on free-to-air:

1. *MASSIVE* advertising campaign for his solo album. Advertising stresses the fact he is "ex-matchbox twenty".

2. RAGE. (its our top50 countdown show here in aus for those who dont know): I make the effort to tape and watch the entire top 50 once in a while. And most of the time im up late enuff to catch at least part of it.
It really interests me to see the commercial shit people lap up and why.
What interests me more is the small amount of decent music that makes it into the australian charts, and again, why? Rob Thomas solo gear makes me wanna take to a chalkboard with my fingernails. Oh I know who Rob Thomas is. I wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire (theres some proper oz culture for everyone)

cheers

Pete