Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.11.2004, 09:46 PM
New here
New here

Default Which version to get?

Hi there Virus people!

I'm looking to get a Virus TI sometime but dont know which version to get. Do people find that the ones without keyboards are less easy/fun to use than the ones with the keyboards or do you find theres nothing in it? I already have a Kstation and a CS6x so I have a good keyboard on that. I just dont want to get the Desktop version then find it hassle not to have a keyboard or whatever.

Cheers
Old 21.11.2004, 10:13 PM
This forum member lives here

~Welcome to Planet Virus~

I own the RackXL, because of the same reasons as you, I had my own keyboard, and the rack version is cheaper!!!! Same with the desktop version......it is the exact same except without keys!!!

If you are fluent in MIDI there should be no dramas getting the desktop, the only thing is, those Ti keyboards look so damn sexy!!!!

Good luck!!

Jason

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 21.11.2004, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Which version to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrico
I already have a Kstation and a CS6x so I have a good keyboard on that. I just dont want to get the Desktop version then find it hassle not to have a keyboard or whatever.
If I'd be you I'd sell that K-station and get the TI keyboard. When you get a TI your K-station will be useless soundwise and the keyboard on the K-station is totally awful and cheap so I'd ditch it.
Old 22.11.2004, 01:03 AM

Welcome to the forum.

I use a desktop and there's no problem using it with-in my setup. The keyboards are very nice with the Virus range, but if you have a set of keys that (most importantly) you are happy with, then really the choice is up to you.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 22.11.2004, 01:54 PM
New here
New here

Do you really reckon my kstation would be redundant? I mean, would you get the exact same sounds out of a virus? Thing is with the K is that its so easy to use although those Polars are so damn sexy its unbelievable. How are the Virus keyboards better?
Old 22.11.2004, 02:05 PM

You just cant beat the key action on the Virus KB, KC, TI. I believe the Indigo 1 and 2 had slightly different key action (some say not as nice).

If I were you I'd sell the K-Station because:

1) The Virus TI has onboard 95% studio grade effects
2) The Virus TI key action cannot be beaten. It will serve as a master for anything you subsequently buy in later years...
3) The Virus TI contains wavetable oscilators....not the 24 static digital waveforms you get with the K!
4) The Filters on the Virus are 'better' sounding and more flexible than the K
5) 80 Note poly is enough for true multimode performances
6) HyperSaw.....!!
7) Classic 80's style wavetable sounds!!!!

The Virus is a far more desirable synth to own than the K. Above all else...at least you can impress people by saying you use a Virus TI. The K-station is in the realm of nothingness.....its very 'middle of the road'.

Ive owned both the KS5 and VirusKC. This is my opinion.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 22.11.2004, 06:08 PM
New here
New here

What is a good set of keys? I cant say I find the Yamaha ones that great, come to think of it, but I thought all synths were the same.
Old 22.11.2004, 08:08 PM

The keys on the Virus are superb (KB, KC, TI). Lovely semi weighted action, smooth and noiseless! All I can say..is that once youve tried them...you'll never want to go back to crappy 'synth action' keys.

Just try them out somewhere if you can.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 22.11.2004, 09:10 PM
New here
New here

Weighted? Cool! Problem is I've never ever even seen a Virus let alone played one and I dont know where I could try one out.
Old 22.11.2004, 09:27 PM

whar country are you from?

DS