Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.12.2014, 07:40 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Thank you. That seemed to fix the parameter control bug.

There is still these couple of things though:

-when selecting the midi ports the virus is connected to in the plugin interface, the hardware switches to multi-single mode and it can only receive/load patch info from the plugin while the hardware is in Multi-Single mode. Why is that?

-requesting the active part does not update the controls panel on the Virus HC editor

-the communication between the plugin arp on/off and the hardware does not seem to work properly; when activating the arpeggiator section on the plugin, the hardware arp on light does not light up and vice versa when you activate the arp on the hardware. The arp works, but the communication of the on of state from the plugin to the device does not seem to work.

-tweaking oscillator 3 semitones crashes Ableton Live 9.

-also, is it possible for the value at the bottom to display actual values of the parameter that is being tweaked (for instance dB's for the Eq's, Hz for the filters etc) instead of standard midi values?

-Also, is it possible to make the patch handling/loading behaviour similar to th Virus TI Virus Control plugin? I think that plugin reads the patch banks from your Virus hardware as soon as you load the plugin (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 19.12.2014, 07:32 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Jani K

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 View Post
-when selecting the midi ports the virus is connected to in the plugin interface, the hardware switches to multi-single mode and it can only receive/load patch info from the plugin while the hardware is in Multi-Single mode. Why is that?
Because I usually run my virus in multimode, to be able to add more layers from virus to my track. No other reasons. Why should there be option to use it in single mode, any differences there?

Quote:
-requesting the active part does not update the controls panel on the Virus HC editor
Which virus do you have in use? Are you sure your deviceID's matches?

Quote:
-the communication between the plugin arp on/off and the hardware does not seem to work properly; when activating the arpeggiator section on the plugin, the hardware arp on light does not light up and vice versa when you activate the arp on the hardware. The arp works, but the communication of the on of state from the plugin to the device does not seem to work.
Ah! That is something I will have a look tonight / next monday.

Quote:
-tweaking oscillator 3 semitones crashes Ableton Live 9.
Will investigate, thanks!

Quote:
-also, is it possible for the value at the bottom to display actual values of the parameter that is being tweaked (for instance dB's for the Eq's, Hz for the filters etc) instead of standard midi values?
Yes this is something we're working on already. Since the plugin was written from scratch rather than copy paste from JP-80x0 plugin, it functions different on the display thingy

Quote:
-Also, is it possible to make the patch handling/loading behaviour similar to th Virus TI Virus Control plugin? I think that plugin reads the patch banks from your Virus hardware as soon as you load the plugin (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
It loads the hardware memory only when you first time install your Virus TI to your daw the first time. After that, you can find, add and remove patch data from /user/documents/access music/virus ti/patches

going to make some updates

Access Virus|HC, Roland JP-80x0 and Korg MS2KxR Editor & Librarian Plugins

w: www.mysteryislands-music.com

Virus C & TI2 Desktop and Virus PowerCore user
Old 19.12.2014, 09:31 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani K View Post
Because I usually run my virus in multimode, to be able to add more layers from virus to my track. No other reasons. Why should there be option to use it in single mode, any differences there?
Ah ok. I guess it makes sense as on a TI it would load in Sequencer mode as soon as you load the plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani K View Post
Which virus do you have in use? Are you sure your deviceID's matches?
I have a Virus C. I have selcted Virus C in the plugin and the deviceID's match up (both set to 1)

Thanks for your responses. I am very much looking forward to the further development/additions. Like I said before; this will be the best offering in the market of editor/control/plugin for Virus (for anyone who does not have a TI)

Cheers.
Old 20.12.2014, 02:41 PM
Complete Newbie

One more thing I noticed:

- The Global FX (Reverb/Delay) do not get updated from one multi slot to the other on the plugin when you change the FX in one of the multi slots.

- Linking Filter 1 and Filter 2 only works for filter 2. Meaning that after you link them parameters that are tweaked for filter 2 will also move for filter one, but not the other way around. Or is that the way it works on the hardware as well? (not sure about that to be honest)

- two things I still miss in the knob panel department is the two softknobs of the Virus. It would be excellent to be able to (at least) assign them from the Virus|HC Editor.
Old 20.12.2014, 07:32 PM
Complete Newbie

- Would also be great to have a Next - Previous Patch browse option somewhere in the Patch Browser

-AND (i know i know, i'm so demanding ) The plugin now loads as an instrument. Which means I have to use two tracks in Ableton to get it to work; 1 where the plugin resides and 1 where I have to get the audio signal from the Virus into Ableton and midi from Ableton to the Virus.

Whereas if the plugin could load as an AU or VST FX it could be done all on one channel in my DAW (and any DAW for that matter).

Just a suggestion.
Old 21.12.2014, 05:47 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Jani K

Quote:
One more thing I noticed:

- The Global FX (Reverb/Delay) do not get updated from one multi slot to the other on the plugin when you change the FX in one of the multi slots.

- Linking Filter 1 and Filter 2 only works for filter 2. Meaning that after you link them parameters that are tweaked for filter 2 will also move for filter one, but not the other way around. Or is that the way it works on the hardware as well? (not sure about that to be honest)

- two things I still miss in the knob panel department is the two softknobs of the Virus. It would be excellent to be able to (at least) assign them from the Virus|HC Editor.
Thanks, will see whats gone wrong in the cutoff knobs Softknobs will be there, but as for it's functionality, not a priority task at the moment

Access Virus|HC, Roland JP-80x0 and Korg MS2KxR Editor & Librarian Plugins

w: www.mysteryislands-music.com

Virus C & TI2 Desktop and Virus PowerCore user
Old 21.12.2014, 05:34 PM
Complete Newbie

Great. Good to see you further develop this. I love the way it opens up my Virus C. As much as I like the interface on the C, for some good, deep patch programming I would have to menu-dive quite a bit.

This plugin totally takes care of that and allows for quicker workflow. And of course the big upside of faster patch management, global settings, multi editing etc.
Old 22.12.2014, 11:19 AM
Complete Newbie

I went ahead and purchased this today as the further development looks promising.

I'd like to be able to set the midi settings, Virus model and patch banks loaded and save the AU as a preset in my DAW. I can do that already now, but it won't remember the settings. I have to apply them all over again after loading the AU preset.

- Is it possible to make it remember all the settings as an AU preset?

- Loading the plugin switches the Arpeggiator off in the System settings of my Virus C. It also switches the ledmode to LFO in the System settings and it sets Random to the amount of 40 in System settings.

Last edited by LFO8 : 22.12.2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 22.12.2014, 01:14 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Nice! Think I'm going to grab this real soon... Good work
Old 14.01.2015, 01:08 AM
Veteran
Veteran

So, I tried the demo first and one thing I've noticed almost immediately was that I wasn't pleased with the numbers displayed when tweaking semitone values. Makes more sense if it displays the same number the Virus would. Is this just for the demo? Perhaps something to be reviewed latter on?

Otherwise it works flawlessly and I really dig that the interface is much similar to that in the Virus itself.

Another thing that just happened here:

tried to make a simple "filter env>osc pitch" connection on the mod matrix, so as to design a kick and noticed it didn't behave as expected, but does so for most parameters. Is that something particular to the demo as well? Or perhaps some bad configuration I have? Using mac OS 10.10, Ableton Live Suite 9, think the midi configuration is as it should, feeding midi back and forth from SL MK2 (novation). Using Virus C here.

Don't take this the wrong way as I'm really digging this product and thinking of getting it real soon. Hope to ear from you soon. Cheers.

Last edited by TweakHead : 17.02.2015 at 03:43 PM.