Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 30.03.2014, 04:23 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default Access Virus Has A Step Sequencer!

Forgive me if this is old news, but I really needed this feature did not know it could be done on the Virus.

It is a "hidden" feature, but works perfectly. I updated to 5.0.8 yesterday and programmed my own custom pattern into my TI2 Polar using the method shown here:

Using the Transpose as the destination, the height of the individual steps will give you values that are translated to the different notes you want to sound. 64 is the actual played note, and each number is one semitone higher or lower. Using this method, it is possible to program any sequence of notes you need in the arpeggiator.

I almost purchased another keyboard to get this feature, but the Virus can do it.

Try it out!

-dj

Nord Stage 2
Access Virus TI2 Polar
Korg WS-AD
Korg TR-Rack
Roland XV-5050
Emu Procussion
Kawai K5000S
Old 09.05.2014, 06:03 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Excellent. Looks like it can be used for a whole host of applications. Another technique for the TI toolbox.

Always felt the Virus arpeggiator, while still versatile, was lacking in options and creativity when compared with something like the Roland Groovebox arppegiators (which offer many different triggering sequences, and also many sub-patterns called 'accents' which can be blended in in realtime).

Regards the mod-seq technique, I use something similar to get more drum channels from other synths such as the Radias. Using the mod-sequencer to trigger different PCM sample waveforms. I imagine you could do the same with the Virus PCM waveforms, and create some really blippy 8-bit wavetable type sounds.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 10.05.2014, 10:38 AM
New here
New here

Thanks for that DJKeys

I still wish it was possible to edit the preset arp patterns on the virus. There are some really nice patterns in there that i'd love to modify slightly
Old 13.05.2014, 11:52 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiDSP View Post
Thanks for that DJKeys

I still wish it was possible to edit the preset arp patterns on the virus. There are some really nice patterns in there that i'd love to modify slightly
well, you can record the midi coming out of the Virus - including the arp sequence. the patterns are usually quite complex, with tons of velocity changes and all that. you can then edit this midi, turn the arp off and make the Virus play the edited pattern you wish - just a bit more work, but nothing special since we're all used to midi editing anyways. cheers.
Old 22.05.2014, 03:35 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
well, you can record the midi coming out of the Virus - including the arp sequence. the patterns are usually quite complex, with tons of velocity changes and all that. you can then edit this midi, turn the arp off and make the Virus play the edited pattern you wish - just a bit more work, but nothing special since we're all used to midi editing anyways. cheers.
Do you not find the midi will be out of time after you record the arp sequence as midi? It does for me anyway when I do it
Old 22.05.2014, 07:16 PM
Veteran
Veteran

just use "quantize" afterwards
Old 21.07.2016, 02:49 PM
New here
New here

Default note retrigger

Hello Folks!
I know this is an old thread but I just got (back) a virus ti after some years of staying apart and I'm trying out some new stuff (for me)

I've set up the arp to transpose so I can use it as step sequencer, but it seems I can't get note retrigger at each step ( I can just hear that the sequence is running if I set release time long enough)

probably a very dumb mistake on my side but I'd love if someone could enlighten me

... and one more thing: any way to save the arp sequences?
thanks!