Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 26.09.2012, 12:09 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Help Please! Virus Power Issue

Hi All,

I have an issue with my Virus KB and I was hoping that someone in here may be able to advise or has come across this before.

Basically I have a virus KB that I bought 2nd hand about a year ago. I have not been using it nearly enough and finally gave myself a slap this week and got it properly hooked up.

I have been hitting it hard over the last 3 days with 8hrs+ use without any issues, but this morning I tried to turn it on - and nothing. There is no display, no sign of life - it is totally dead.

I have replaced the kettle lead in case it was a plug issue and can categorically confirm that it is not the plug or power - it has to be something wrong with the unit absolutely gutted.

The questions that I was hoping to get help with are:

a) I know that there is a CR2032 battery inside that should be changed every 4yrs or so. If this battery dies - does the unit not work like this, or should it always turn on at least, when the mains power is hooked up? Could this be the cause?

b) If the battery is unrelated, is there any other fuse or known power issue with the KB that anyone may be able to advise on?

I would very much appreciate any help or guidance anyone can give. I have had a look through the forum here and cannot see that this has been addressed before (apols if so).

Many thanks. Jason
Old 28.09.2012, 12:28 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

My best advice would be to contact the Acces support desk : http://virus.info/page/render/lang/e...resources.html