Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 28.11.2009, 04:43 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default I just bought a Studio Electronics SE-1x to fullfull my analog needs,Anyone own one?

I just bought a Studio Electronics SE-1x to fullfull my analog needs,Anyone own one? Its supposed to be comparable to the Minimoog. The features are almost identicle without the routing possibillities. Plus extra Lfos, Envelopes, A 24db Lpf, and a 12db Lpf/bpf. Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of the Minimoog but I found the Se-1x for $425 usd, they are $1699 new and the reviews are phenominal. I cant wait for it to arrive. Anyone else own one and have any views or advice.
Old 28.11.2009, 07:02 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I had it for a short while from a friend and found it has a good fat sound and extensive modulation possibilities. I was able to create some very interesting and characteristic sounds with this synth.

The number of direct controls is a bit limiting as you have to dial in certain connection first before you can change parameters. But if that is not an issue, if you are not a performance tweaker, you should be fine. What I missed, and what the moog has, are the CV and Gate, Trigger inputs and outputs that make the moog so very extensible.

But the moog is a very different beast price wise. You got a very good analog synth for little money. Enjoy!
Old 28.11.2009, 07:14 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

It sais it has 2 filters, a 24 db lpf and a 12db lp/bpf. Can I use the in series or is it one or the other.
Old 29.11.2009, 02:47 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

It is not a SE-1x....but i use already for a long time a ATC-1 which i really like for weirdo bass sounds.

Great sounding instrument.....and i like the SE-1x alot by its looks...
Old 05.12.2009, 12:17 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Just arrived and I was prepared to be dissapointed but this thing is an analog beast. Its dirty, crunchy and every thing you would expect and the easiest synth Ive ever tryed to program. It seems a little buggy though but the sound is phenominal. I cant believe they aren't getting the love Moog and Dsi get.
Old 05.12.2009, 01:13 AM
Pro
Pro

I'm keeping an eye on one on ebay atm... do you think it compliments the Virus?

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 05.12.2009, 02:44 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Ive been layereing them and getting good results, it seems to do real well in the mix. It has a dirty electro sound if that makes sense. Ive only had for 24hrs or so but im very impressed.

Last edited by ShortBus : 05.12.2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05.12.2009, 07:24 AM
Pro
Pro

Might be worth getting, seeing as the Voyagers are just a tad out of my price league at this point in time... have to wait and see where the auction goes.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 05.12.2009, 10:47 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

They compliment the Virus perfectly for those thick basses....
Old 05.12.2009, 03:23 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

http://two.xthost.info/short3us/se1xelectro.mp3 Heres an mp3 of the Se-1x and Polar. I was playing around while drinking my coffee this morning. The bass is the se 1x with no effects or mastering just 3 synched saws and a 12db bandpass filter, though the 24db lowpass has much better bite. The synth is a 7th patch I wipped up on the TI. Its just a through away loop for an example of the Se's saws so please dont judge although i did think the midi sequence I banged out in the bass line had a bit of a funky edge, maybe a touch of a groove swing would give it some life .