Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 10.08.2009, 08:05 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default How to turn off Virus Ti Snow?

When I press the "POWER ON/OFF" button combination, my Virus Snow does not power off at all, but simply goes into some "sleep" mode, and there are two problems with it:
1. When in sleep mode, there's an INSANELY bright LED flashes every few seconds. And there's no menu option to dim it down, as there is for all the other LEDs. It's really annoying.
2. The power supply is constantly hot even when Virus is in sleep mode, and it really concerns me from the safety point of view. I don't think that Virus uses any kind of special PSU specifically designed for 24/7/365 use, it looks like an ordinary cheap PSU to me, so couldn't it be a potential fire hazard or something when working constantly over a long period of time?

Is there a way to make the "POWER ON/OFF" combination work according to how it's labeled, and really power off the unit?
Old 10.08.2009, 09:05 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Just use a switchable junction box...there is really no other way to totally power off your Snow.

I do the same for all of my equipment in my studio...all the stuff is connected to the power with switchable junction boxes.
Old 10.08.2009, 10:28 AM
Veteran
Veteran

the PSU used in the Virus TI Snow is a laptop type PSU and it is designed to be plugged in all the time. nevertheless switching electronic equipment off my removing the power cord is always a good idea, not only for environmental reasons.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 10.08.2009, 07:14 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I hope the TI 2 doesn't do that. Would unplugging it, be considered ok or safe when in sleep mode?
Old 10.08.2009, 09:51 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmade View Post
I hope the TI 2 doesn't do that. Would unplugging it, be considered ok or safe when in sleep mode?
You can unplug it in the middle of a song and it'll boot up and work just fine. I don't think the virus really cares what state it's in when it loses power as long as it's not saving a patch (I never do that from the hardware anyways) or updating.
Old 07.01.2012, 10:39 PM
New here
New here

what is the "POWER ON/OFF" button combination ???

have the same issue that I don t know how to switch off the machine beside taking the cabel from the machine.

thanks
Old 08.01.2012, 12:28 AM
Infektion taking hold...

A good multi-outlet power strip is a good idea to have anyway. Plug everything in to one of those, (some have RFI/EMI filters too), and use the switch on it to power down all your stuff.