Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.04.2009, 02:08 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipomea View Post
i had this issue with 3.0.10. whatever combination i tried with USB connections, it thrived same warning. either it means that every USB connections on my computer are hubs (i doubt, dont know if it is possible, i have 4 connections on the back, and 4 on the front side), or something is wrong with virus software.
i have windows xp sp3
the USB topology is reported by the OS (in this case windows). if what our software sees is not accurate is was reported in a wrong fashion. "hub" in this case refers to a root hub which is something different than an external hub as you might know. it essentially means that the USB port you connect to shares some resources with another USB port. only if the ports' demand in bandwidth exceeds what's to their disposal you will run into a problem. the trick with root hubs (if you cannot avoid going through one) is to balance the load. a USB mouse in combination with the TI is probably not a problem. a USB hard drive and a TI on the same root hub is potentially asking for trouble.

hope that explains things better

marc

best, marc
Old 28.04.2009, 03:55 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Might have something to do with having 3USB outs selected - try setting it to 2.

So: Virus Control > Patch Utility (far right tab) > under 'USB Audio Mode' select "2 Outs" and see if it works now.

I had this issue pre Version 3 - having all USB outputs activated turns off an input or something. Have not tried Atomizer recently so not sure how it all works in Version 3.
I'll definitely try that. I should mention I'm using Cubase Studio 5, and processing everything through the analog ins/outs.
Old 28.04.2009, 05:13 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
earlier versions didn't throw a root hub warning. the problem was there all the time. it is a problem with your setup, not the software.

marc
oh, my mistake. i confound the usb ports after convert my equipment.
Old 29.04.2009, 03:14 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Just wanted to drop another note about Atomizer: Got it working last night... doing the exact same thing I was doing the night previous when it wasn't working.

I did notice that sometimes I'd hit play on my DAW (Cubase Studio 5) and Atomizer wouldn't work... you had to stop it and jog back to where the audio was and hit play again. Snow would sync up or whatever and let the atomizer work. Beats me, I'm just glad I got to try it out, should be very fun for glitch-editing instrumental bridges/fills and stuff. wee!
Old 02.05.2009, 04:02 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Jani K
Default pops, crackles and snaps

hey, i've started to experience snaps pops and crackles now after updated to 3.12.. vc says all the time that it's lost sync and i can't do anything to help it out. using 1024 buffer as i'm using virus powercore too.. tried all other buffers but it got worse..

i've got 4-7 instances of virus poco and ti polar but i can't use ti at all.. is it the powercore platform which fucks it up?

also uad-1's up on my system. running 10.5.6 on 2.7 dual ppc and logic 7

i bought logic 8 but on this ppc system the screen is just sooooo slow that i'm better off writing stuff at 7.

quite often the virus poco crashes if i'm using it with ti.. just click on anywhere at virus poco screen and off you go ..

i'll try it with external outputs to my mixer and will report if it gets any better..

cheers,
- jani

Access Virus|HC, Roland JP-80x0 and Korg MS2KxR Editor & Librarian Plugins

w: www.mysteryislands-music.com

Virus C & TI2 Desktop and Virus PowerCore user