Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 02.01.2004, 08:58 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Basics of Virus and SoundDiver

Hey gang,

My new Virus C just arrived last week. :P

I use a Mac with MOTU Digital Performer and FreeMIDI. I have already figured out to use DP to play the .MID files and load my Virus with the latest updates from the website - operating system (6.5) and the 1024 update. I have also downloaded and installed the free SoundDiver for 6.5.

The problem I'm having is using SoundDiver. I wish my Virus came with a manual for using SoundDiver. Does it require OMS? I'm using FreeMIDI with DP. I'd prefer not to install OMS if I don't have to.

Also, I'd like to try playing around with some of the .MID downloads I've found on the web, but I have no clue about file storage. If I play a .MID file that has 10 sounds in it... where do they get installed in the Virus? Do I have a choice about what files get overwritten?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Alek
Old 02.01.2004, 10:01 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Re: Basics of Virus and SoundDiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekvila
where do they get installed in the Virus? Do I have a choice about what files get overwritten?
Depends on the sound set. Some sound sets have a whole bank of patches and some sets just have few single buffers. The best way is to set a MIDI RX mode to "Force to Bank A" or "Force to Bank B". That way you know where the patches are going if you load up a full bank.

For example set the MIDI RX to Bank B and store your own patches at bank A and when the Bank A is full, just bur it on ROM and voil?. That way you avoid nasy oops-I-ereased-all-my-own-patches incidents.
Old 09.01.2004, 06:52 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

You still using freemidi? Why dont you use panther?