Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 03.11.2009, 05:37 PM
New here
New here

Default INFECTED MUSHROOM-CAN'T STOP (Starting Lead Patch Inside)

Hallo there! Trying for a bit now, managed to get really close to the nice starting lead of the track mentioned in title and thought I share it with you. I managed to do it with my virus and if anybody is interested, let me know so I can send you the patch... You can hear the tune here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_zMvRu7bY

and you can download my demo mp3 here:

http://www.adrive.com/public/666b31b...d01438dc0.html
Old 03.11.2009, 06:40 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

i asked Erez (he does the sound behind infected tracks) about that specific sound in Can't Stop intro and he said they used the Virus TI for it.. did they just tweak a preset or is it totally out there?
Old 03.11.2009, 11:55 PM
Pro
Pro

I've still been trying to decide whether to get the new record - thought the single was extremely dull and have read some mixed reviews. Last time I saw them I wasn't overly impressed either, the live band is starting to feel like Rammstein or 80s metal with a few synths, rather then their awesome glitchy psytrance with some guitar. But that all said, can't count the number of times I've had IM on under the influence and loved every second of it - phenomenal band.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 04.11.2009, 06:57 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
I've still been trying to decide whether to get the new record - thought the single was extremely dull and have read some mixed reviews. Last time I saw them I wasn't overly impressed either, the live band is starting to feel like Rammstein or 80s metal with a few synths, rather then their awesome glitchy psytrance with some guitar. But that all said, can't count the number of times I've had IM on under the influence and loved every second of it - phenomenal band.
go for it, its a sick album. just avoid: end of the road, and smashing the opponent, most of the rest of the tracks are up to infected standard, although there are some parts that dont hold up. overall highly recommended, just be open minded to their new direction
Old 05.11.2009, 12:22 AM
Pro
Pro

Yeah I think Smashing was the track I heard and thought was bad/boring - but even on Vicious Delicious there is that rap tune that instantly gets a skip. Will get it today me thinks!

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Old 05.11.2009, 10:08 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Yeah I think Smashing was the track I heard and thought was bad/boring - but even on Vicious Delicious there is that rap tune that instantly gets a skip. Will get it today me thinks!
Vicious Delicious was a flop as an album.. except for the 3 gems Vicious Delicious, Heavyweight, and Suliman (guitar riff).. the rest was pure garbage. This album is def a step from VC, and no rap (thank god)
Old 06.11.2009, 02:52 AM
Pro
Pro

I reckon Becoming Insane was the best bridging gap track between psy, having that israeli vocal influence, and live band - live its an absolute stormer of a tune too. Will let you know what I think of the new one once I get through it all .