Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.10.2009, 05:47 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Virus Control w/ Analogue Outs

is there a way to use and record through the Virus' analogue outputs and still control it via the Virus Control vst?
Old 04.10.2009, 03:08 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to MiddleThinkr Send a message via MSN to MiddleThinkr Send a message via Skype™ to MiddleThinkr

if you find out give me the answer :P ^^ i tried much ... :P the only thing i get is USB and analog together and thats a frequency mash up distortion bowl of madness :P
Old 04.10.2009, 11:37 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Use the "Live" button in Virus Control (lower left corner of plugin window).
Old 05.10.2009, 03:54 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreg View Post
Use the "Live" button in Virus Control (lower left corner of plugin window).
any effects on performance?
Old 06.10.2009, 10:14 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

as far as i understand you use the Live button when you are playing the keyboard and recording a MIDI part into your DAW as there is very little latency when doing this.
However once you have recorded your MIDI part, you need to switch off the Live button when the sequencer plays back the part or you get latency.
Crazy heh..
Old 06.10.2009, 06:10 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthfiend View Post
as far as i understand you use the Live button when you are playing the keyboard and recording a MIDI part into your DAW as there is very little latency when doing this.
However once you have recorded your MIDI part, you need to switch off the Live button when the sequencer plays back the part or you get latency.
Crazy heh..
i want to be able to use MIDI in my DAW, use the plugin just like in USB mode, but just have the analogue as the sound source, not the USB. Analogue should have 0 latency, so i dont need to worry about that, i just know that the Virus Control must be controlled via USB and i dont want to use USB audio
Old 07.10.2009, 09:59 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrr00 View Post
i want to be able to use MIDI in my DAW, use the plugin just like in USB mode, but just have the analogue as the sound source, not the USB. Analogue should have 0 latency, so i dont need to worry about that, i just know that the Virus Control must be controlled via USB and i dont want to use USB audio
It's not really 0 latency - according to Reaper, which shows plugin's latency in a tooltip, it's 512 samples (~11.6 ms) in Live mode, vs 3968 samples (~90 ms) when Live button is off.
Old 08.10.2009, 12:49 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrr00 View Post
I am a little confused by your question. To clarify, if you are using Virus Control and using the TI as your sound card (which Access recommends) then the audio will be coming out of the analogue outs on the TI anyway. However even though the audio is coming out the analogue outs in this senario it has actually been streamed through the USB to your DAW then back down the USB to the TI where it gets converted by the D/A and comes out the analogue outs.
Some people think the TI sounds better when used as a standalone synth with a MIDI DIN connector and no Virus Control. The TI generates the audio and it gets converted by the D/A straight away and does'nt pass over a USB connection. Maybe because the D/A on the TI is pretty hot.
Old 08.10.2009, 06:44 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthfiend View Post
I am a little confused by your question. To clarify, if you are using Virus Control and using the TI as your sound card (which Access recommends) then the audio will be coming out of the analogue outs on the TI anyway. However even though the audio is coming out the analogue outs in this senario it has actually been streamed through the USB to your DAW then back down the USB to the TI where it gets converted by the D/A and comes out the analogue outs.
Some people think the TI sounds better when used as a standalone synth with a MIDI DIN connector and no Virus Control. The TI generates the audio and it gets converted by the D/A straight away and does'nt pass over a USB connection. Maybe because the D/A on the TI is pretty hot.
my question was how can i control the Virus via Virus Control but have the sound come out of the analog outs. apparently i can change that in the 'Common' menu.

how would analog/standalone with no Virus Control be better or even different than the Virus Control/analog setup? wouldnt the Virus generate the audio the same way in both situations? i also dont get using the Virus as a soundcard?
Old 08.10.2009, 03:30 PM
Very mucho Newbie

This is what I do using Cubase 4 with an RME Hammerfall setup.

1) Load up the Virus in Instruments

2) In Virus Control switch the outputs to Analog Out 1 L&R

3) Have your analog outs running from the Virus to a pair of inputs on your sound card

4) Create an audio track and select the input source as the same inputs you routed the Virus to.

Enable monitering on the track and you'll hear whatever is being played from the virus. VC will still control all the functions you need. If you want to record, do so then switch the monitering off and you'll hear the recorded sound. You can do this over as many audio tracks as you need.