View Single Post
Old 23.02.2005, 12:48 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Drums - I agree with Juho and that room sound. I remeber that from the last one too.
Yeah...it is a source of frustration for me. Basically, what you are hearing is the sound of the drums being picked up in the guitar mics. Everything in the one room, live, but we didnt crank the gain up enough on the guitar amp, so everytime I turn up the guitars in the mix, or EQ, they affect the sound of the drums

Quote:
Bass - I don't agree with Juho here actually. It's sounds alright to me.
Yeah...Juho is a loser

Quote:
Keyboard - No problem at all - except for the choice of sound. Hehe.
Yeah, I guess it is a pretty generic sound

Quote:
Guitars - All need more level in the mix - esspecially the lead section. The the lead is too far into the mid-bass area. Bringing it more into mid range would be nicer for me - needs to scream more.
Again this comes back to the drum spill in the guitar mics.....if I pull up the guitars, I get the horrible drum/room sound....plus there is a whole heap of hiss and noise when I bring the guitars up too loud. A problem when you record to analogue tape at too low levels

Quote:
Heaps of improvement on the last mix I've heard with this band involved Jase. Was it fun going to tape - or just a headfuck?
Cheers HC It was awesome going to tape.....I wish I had a 24 track tape machine in my room....I would track everything to tape first before bouncing into digital. It sounds fuckin lovely! and not a head fuck at all. In fact, because we dont have the same editing power as we do with digital, it means you have to perform better as a musican....which yields great results

It's all about the vibe!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60