View Single Post
Old 22.02.2005, 09:55 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Default Jazz-Fusion pt II....

Just thought I would share with you all the final mixes for my last assignment at school

Just to refresh your memories.....The "band" were all a bunch of music performance students from another college, who hadnt played with each other for quite some time, so it was almost like a free-form jam session, which we recorded all live in the studio. We recorded on a Euphonix CS2000 digitally controlled analogue console, onto a Studer A827 24 track, to 2" analogue tape @ 15ips, 520nWb/m

I recorded the band with 3 other class mates, so my role in this project was strictly as engineer, and I had nothing to do with the actual musicianship (so please try and keep comments on an engineering/production basis)

After recording, we bounced all the tracks into ProTools, and then I burnt the audio files onto CD and took them home so I could mix. All mixing/processing was done in Cubase SX2. No outboard was used in the mixing process.

We recorded 2 songs in a 4 hour session, the first was Cantaloupe Island, which I have already posted in another thread, but as a shortened version. Here you get the full 10 mins or so....just for you Juho, cos I know you loved it

The other is a song called Chicken....another 10 min + monster.

Hope you all enjoy the tunes, and any constructive criticism is welcome! The songs are quite large, "Chicken" is around 6 MB, Cantaloupe is around 12 MB...but boy are they worth it.

Cheers

Chicken

Cantaloupe Island

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60