View Single Post
Old 31.03.2006, 11:51 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Send a message via MSN to wiz

I had (and still have, didn't sell it yet) a C desktop before the TI, and though I bought it quite some time after release, it was before the self-oscillating filters were added. I remember that the first version of the OS supporting these new filters had a flaw which prevented the extra outputs from working... fixed some days later.

Here, though, I think we're dealing with just another level of complexity: there are new oscillators, an extra load of poliphony, a new display to manage, the USB interface... and let's remember that we're interfacing with systems (Windows especially) which are all but bug-free. There are so many new things to take into account in the TI, since it's a vastly expanded Virus C, in my opinion the greatest leap forward since its conception.

I can't wait for a stable OS, but for now I utterly enjoy the TI standalone... those wavetables were much less advertised than the hypersaws, but they're SO great! I just jam with them, and who cares if Virus Control doesn't work?