View Single Post
Old 26.06.2014, 03:45 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I don't know to what extent I've gone into this in the past, but folks in my industry typically think of three big technology companies which dwarf everything else: Apple, Microsoft, and Google. Any one of them can be labeled as an evil big corporation, but one of them is far worse than the others and that would be Google. Apple's profits are based on selling you new hardware gadgets. Microsoft's profits are based on selling you software. Google's profits are based on stalking you, tracking you, getting into every aspect of your life and selling your privacy to others. The level of evil goes far, far beyond screwing indie bands or anything even music related.

It's for this reason I avoid everything Google as much as I can. I won't own an Android phone, I won't use Gmail or Chrome as a browser, I use Bing for search as much as possible, etc. The only defense against them is to avoid their products like the plague and support the alternatives that are available from far more honest alternatives. Even if the alternatives are not perfect, they are still far less evil.