View Single Post
Old 14.02.2010, 10:50 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristianokeller View Post
OSS, why are you saying that the USB out is a no go? I think it's a nice way to go and to obtain pro results, specially if you don't have any more money to buy a expensive sound card with class A AD/DA's. Also the ins are ok to the job imo.
well.. I have a m-audio NRV-10 that sounds like a shit but in a near future I'm planing to get a Apogee Ensemble. I know it's better but the USB seems to be a great way to go...
It's a no go when you listen to your virus analog outs raw from the box and the sound is fantastic and then you record the same sound thru the USB and it has an apparent loss of tightness or "feel". That's why it's out, I want to capture it so it sounds as true to the source as i can. I see no other choice but to have another set of A/Ds to properly record this great machine. Use the USB for composing or synthesis but when you go record it try your best to get a professional set of A/Ds, They don't have to be a million dollars but the A/D on the TI is average. The D/As are STELLAR! but that doesn't solve the issue we're debating. Once you get that Apogee you will be much happier with the end result and the USB will be just an average way to go.