View Single Post
Old 29.04.2005, 07:55 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Ben, Ive just read those reply's on the list. Truth is....do I give a shit about USB1.1.........no of course I dont! For the past 35 years we've been using analog outs......

Of course...the TI will allow some users the opportunity to stream some audio directly into their application. But for me (and probably quite a few others) the biggest use of the USB will goto using the programmable ARP and patch librarian etc etc.

Since I believe its bad to use more than 2 or 3 sounds from any one synth in a song.....the USB1.1 isnt exactly a groundshaking limitation. As I said before....most sounds should be recorded in mono (esp basses and leads, blips and bleeps) and only pads and a few other sounds really benefit from stereo. Hmmm and you people sometimes wonder why you cant get everything sitting in you mix neatly. Well your sure making life hard work by recording everything in stereo.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....