View Single Post
Old 11.09.2008, 07:09 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default Helllpppp.... in need of MAC & VirusTI advice

Hey All

Long time no visit eh...? Have been so busy with work and the family etc that I really haven't had anywhere near enough time to devote to the Virus for nearly a year.

Anyway, I have now got myself a nice Macbook, and have installed the Virus software onto it, upgraded to the latest OS (well, apart from the one released a few days ago) and I now need some serious help in getting my rig set up for Cubase Studio 4, and the Virus as I am having some serious issues here... on top of the fact that I can't remember a thing!

So... I have CS4 installed, but when I connect the USB to the Mac and place the Virus in SEQ mode, I can't hear anything when I press the keyboard on the Virus. However, if I play a MIDI file I hear the notes played!

Also, when I set channel1 on the Virus SEQ to a particular programme, when I play the MIDI file it always resets to a different one... grrrrr!

So.. is someone willing to take me on board and help me out pls with some basic set up advice and instructions etc.

Thanks all...