View Single Post
Old 22.12.2004, 11:57 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Ten.......dont get me started on Turnkey and their customer service/returns policies.

I litrally got through 5 Virus KC's in the space of 13 months with them. To say it tarnished the magic of owning a Virus is an understatement.

I dont like Turnkey for a number of reasons. First off....you phone them and as soon as you do they play the hard sell game. You cant enquire about anything....without having severe pressure placed on you to commit. Ive even had them tell me how to organise my fucking finances so that I could buy the Virus|Ti. The sales guy suggested to me that I get my parents to buy it as an early xmas present.....to quote him 'thats what I'd get my parents to do'....yeah like shit m8.

Ok, so once youve overcome the hard sell.....what else happens. Well, your likely to get fucked around on delivery times. Sadly my name isnt Neil Tennant...and when I buy things....I get sidelined (along with everyone else). Hmmm so what does this mean? Well.....if Turnkey tell you that there gonna deliver on a Wednesday by 2pm....dont hold your breath. I had several instances when they told me it would be delivered on a Monday....and it didnt turn up till the Friday. Now this is just not on....because I had to take days off work....and when your at home waiting for a delivery its just not fun is it. Yourt constantly listening out for the van...you cant relax.....you cant even take a shit in fear you might miss the delivery and delay things further.

Ok wow....so youve got your beloved instrument at last......oh...but its fucked in some way. Ah thats Turnkey for ya! They really know how to store their goods.....and they handle them sooo well. Ive had Virus KC's sent to me...and I swear to god....its as if one of the warehouse knobs took it home...had a play on it....then repacked it only to shipped later in the week to unsuspecting muppets like me. Ok so your not happy with the condition of the Virus.....sending it back is easy enough....but then you come across a new set of problems. Dont for god sake let the their tech guys open it up.....they obliterated 2 of my virus'. Youve all seen dodgy photos of worn out DX7's on Ebay....well thats what my 2 week old Virus KC looked like by the time Turnkey's tech team had looked at it. They have total disregard for the money you paid on it....they have no respect for your property.

Well anyway....I can forgive a dealer having probs no and again.....a sort of blip in an otherwise professional service. However.....when it happens like three or four times....it does make you wonder what kinda service they are giving to people. Ive heard alot of other pissed off people....so go figure. My advice (and I dont say this lightly)....is to avoid Turnkey for majorly expensive items like big keyboard synths. Thats just my opinion...

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....