View Single Post
Old 15.08.2004, 09:57 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Hmm speaking of chords and stuff like that......can we plz start a new thread in lobby about the theory behind chords and how to progress them. Im a newbie to actual music making and ive been making some of my own chords.
I could make one, but my theoretical knowledge is quite limited so my explanations would be quite strange (they are correct and work, but are strange). I think Blank had studied theory. Maybe I'll PM him now and ask.

Quote:
Ive made some interesting chord sequences.......I wonder if they are unique? Does anyone here know how to write counter harmonies and all that shit....hehe
I think almost all sensible chord progressions are already used, but the chords don't make the song. Playing around with chords is fun. You can get very effective atmospheres with plain chords.

Here's one of my still unused progression (piano with these chords + female vocals and overproduced ProTools hospital sound = overproduced intelligent pop rubbish):

Bridge: Bbmaj7 - Am7 - Dm - Asus4 - Dm
Chorus: Dm - Am7add11 - Gm7 - Amadd117
Verse: Dm - Bbmaj7 - Csus4 - C - Am/C - C/A - Am7add11 - Am7

Quote:
WTF Juho!!! Thats your voice in song? U have a pretty 80's sounding voice there. A little bit new romantic.
That 80's-like sound comes from chorus and heavy reverb.