View Single Post
Old 09.07.2018, 06:04 PM
New here
New here

Default New owner of a Virus indigo ( arriving soon)

Hi , i'm completly new to the world of EDM . I've been listening to trance , techno/ eurodance a lot in the 90's and early 2000's .

I've always been interested in Learning to play synthetiser
Specially when i heard back in the days Vengeance-sound soundset for synths . a few years ago ,patches for a lot of synth on the vengeance page were available and the soundset were amazing .

Right now , i just want to learn to play simple songs with the virus indigo . i know its an old synth but as a guitarist , i'm having a hard time to figure pressing mouse button to make sounds . i always felt that hardware was best for me ( well for now at least ) to get the basic of synth . later i will probably buy a midi controller and start using Reaper with Softsynths etc.. but i'm not there yet

after watching the youtube video of a guy who cover eurodance mélodies with his virus indigo , i decided to give it a try finally ( 17 years later ) .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0pYZsKRqU

Is there a way to find the old Incubation vol 3 from Vengeance-Sound ? i have the incubation vol 1 i downloaded a couple years ago as it was free . The Incubation vol 3 really have some sound i'd like to explore but the 3 really have some nice patches . I've check REFX but they don't have the old soundset available anymore

if i can ask a couple of newbies question :

- How many patches can i uploaded on the virus indigo ? Vengeance sounset is 128 patches , does that take all the available space or i could uploaded more than one soundset in the Virus .

- What do i need to transfer the Incubation Vol 1 soundset to the Virus indigo ? any software to load it into ?

*Thank you very I know the Virus indigo is for many users here outdated or obsolete , but as a beginner i wanted to start with a cheaper version than a 3000 $ Virus TI . I wanted hardware to concentrated on playing .

And considering a lot of the music i listened too in the 90's were done with the Access Virus , i can't see why i wouldnt like it . Good sound is good sound no matter how old the piece of Equipment his. as a guitarist , old tube amps still have their magic . although Kemper Profiler is really a game changer

thanks .

any tips is welcome .