View Single Post
Old 22.01.2009, 12:28 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFoxX View Post
You have to go to VST Connections dialog (F4), External FX tab, click on Add External FX button, type Virus TI FX or whatever you want into Name box, set Send Configuration and Return Configuration to Stereo and click OK. Then expand the new external effect bus node and Send Bus node, and set S/PDIF under Send Bus nodes Device Port column. Before that you must remove the S/PDIF out from Outputs. After that you can insert the new external effect to any audio track.
Thanks a ton for this info. I have just spent the past hour fooling with this and have got it work, however not without its fair share of issues. Perhaps you can sort me out with this as well.

You mentioned to setup the external FX as Stereo. I did this and all was fine, however, I like to sequence my drums in Mono using Halion. In Halion I have the drums I want processed being played through a mono track. I have it being sent to the Virus Ti via the mono based external FX I created and I only get sound from the left channel. Adjusting the panning knob on the Cubase channel, and the Virus Ti VC channel does nothing. It is still only being played out of the left channel. Being that S/PDIF is a stereo channel they channels are panned hard left/hard right accordingly and I see no way to pan the left channel to center so that I hear the audio on both channels in mono. It is only plays out of the left channel, hence only left handed sound. I have tried creating the External FX as a mono effect to and it still didn't sound as should. Not like it does when it is just playing out of my audio interface before going through the Virus.

Secondly, is there no way to use Atomizer AND effects at the same time? I had a low cut filter automated on the breaks and that sounded fine. If however, I go into the FX page on VC and select to turn out Atomizer that too will work, but in doing so my cutoff doesn't get played back. It seems I can only use one or the other. Do you know of a way that I can get the filters working WITH the automizer so that both are heard and mixed down accordingly?

I am further than I have ever been on properly exporting external processed audio. I hope to get past these snags and be done with it. I really hope I am not technically limited here.

I really do appreciate all your help.

Thanks again.

Andrew