View Single Post
Old 20.01.2009, 02:42 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default Unable to mixdown external audio processed through Virus Ti (Cubase 4.5.2)

Hi guys, been having this problem ever since I got my Virus Ti last summer. This was happening in Cubase SX 3.1.1, and thought it would be working in Cubase 4.5.2 which I switched over to and am still using. The problem is still present.

Physically, I have the S/PDIF out of my Echo Audiofire8 going into the S/PDIF in of the Virus Ti. I have the S/PDIF out of the Virus Ti going into the S/PDIF in of the Echo Audiofire8.

In Cubase I would select the output of an audio track (Halion channel), to be played out through the S/PDIF out of my Audiofire8 so that it will go into the S/PDIF in of my Virus Ti for processing. I will then set the output channel on the Virus Ti to play through USB 1+2. I have USB 1+2 in Cubase set to play out of Stereo outs (Analog outs 1 + 2) of my Echoaudiofire8. Any other audio channel is also being played out of the same Analog outs 1 + 2. So far, all is fine. I can hear the filter changes, effects etc of the Virus Ti processing the audio that is being played through the Virus Ti. Everything is being delay compensated as should and I am happy. The problem comes when I go to export my audio to a stereo file WAV mixdown. When I select to mixdown the Analog outs 1 + 2 I get everything being mixdown EXCEPT what is going through the Virus for processing. That doesn't get captured. I find this odd as the processed material is being played back through USB 1 + 2 which is also assigned to the Analog outs 1 + 2 of my Audiofire8 just like everything else. This is really annoying and I have been unable to find a workaround. If I set the audio channel to go straight out of the Analog outs 1 + 2 without being sent to the Virus first via S/PDIF then that track also gets mixed down with everything else. The moment I set the track to first be played through the Virus before being played out of Analog outs 1 + 2 it is no longer mixed down with the rest. The same happens with Atomized audio. Any audio I send into the Virus to be Atomized will not be mixed down as processed if being sent into the Virus via S/PDIF. I am finding processing audio through the Virus absolutely pointless if it can't actually be captured in recording.

I know this was a bit long winded. I hope you guys can figure out what I am getting at here. If you need to know anything else, please do let me know so I can clarify.

I appreciate the read and any suggestions or ideas that you may have.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew