View Single Post
Old 17.04.2015, 02:47 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I would ignore Bitwig for now and go for one of the ones listed on the Access website. Not just for the Virus but because those are the hosts that get tested first for all plug-ins. I've been hearing some of these lesser known DAWs are starting to fold up shop and go home after they've made their money.

One of the reasons I went Cubase is because they basically invented a lot of the technologies used in music creation these days, they are backed by Yamaha, and Cubase basically defines the VST standard -- if it doesn't work in Cubase then the VST standard probably hasn't been implemented right and it's up to the plug-in vendor to get it right.

You'll get used to the new DAW soon enough, there are tons of video how-tos out there these days. In fact I think there is so much information out there that folks have gotten lazy. I think I have an appreciation for it all because of my background.

Imagine a time when there was no such thing as an Internet connection. The best you had was an occasional book, a monthly subscription to Keyboard magazine, oh and by the way you had to learn synthesis on a Kawai K5 (considered one of the most complex and difficult to program synths ever made). That's what I learned on and that's why I'm mind-fucked by how much information is out there, free and easy to get to these days. Go get it!

I don't know Cubase backward and forward AT ALL. I know how to do the things I do 90% of the time and the other 10% I just look it up.

I just sat down with it with the goal of making music, and every time I needed to do something I couldn't figure out how to do, I just looked it up. There are forums, videos, etc. Believe me, it will all come together faster than you think. You'll be doing the same thing you do in FLS, just with slightly different keystrokes and menu options. Keep using FLs at first, then every time you do something in FL, try going into the new DAW and doing the same thing.

The process of learning is fun if you embrace it.