View Single Post
Old 12.11.2014, 04:07 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
I think in some ironic way, his sentiment applies to forum threads like this as well I don't think I've ever spent so much time on redundantly reiterating that the point really had nothing to do with my individual taste in music, yet it seems that's what everyone wants to debate.

Because you fail to see that your taste is swaying your opinion. You mention the other hit like hits on FWM album and guess what, they weren't hits... FWM had poor single sales in the UK, i think the spice girls may of had more hits than them. To other people those songs arn't hits and rightly so because they weren't. You just see them as because it suits your taste of what a hit is.

Obviously album sales is a big factor here so less people likely to buy a single, before someone mentions it.

To other comments. Competition is still a big factor to no one ever getting as big ever again. Did you not see where i put labels bench acts. This happened a lot back then. they would deliberately bench acts so sales would be directed to which ever act they happened to have the vested interest in. What with the new technology, they can't really control that no more.

I'm for both sides of the argument i just get annoyed when people don't open up to the other. Just because a producer/band or act don't sell as many albums as say a 'LEGENDARY' band, does not mean that the new skooler has any less talent or is any less great than the legends, yes they might never sell as many records, they might only have a few hundred thousand following, they could release hit after hit material for generations, just never getting an actual hit. Yes the artist might never reach the same level of 'to the masses greatness' but they will surpass the skill of FWM. People like Zedd can play and craft, he has a grasp of technology that those old skoolers will never obtain.

Going back to taste, your reply back to me on Calvin Harris was directly connected to taste, the "this is exactly the dah dedah i was on about". People actually love this sh1t you know, exactly how you love fleetwood. It's you who is failing to make that connection.