View Single Post
Old 31.01.2008, 07:46 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileReality View Post
My little story:
So, roughley 5 years ago, I bought a Nord Lead 3. At the shop i asked an assisstant which was the best synth for making basslines, and he said either the nord or the virus (c). Anyway i went with the nord as from messing around with both in the shop, it was the most fun and seemed easier to understand and make sounds on (ok so i dont have as good an understanding of synthesis as some people )

I really enjoyed learning the synth and made tons of crazy spacey style sounds on it, but not many phat basses as i couldnt quite manage those too well. Although i think the nordlead3 is a very sexy synth, nice lights and stuff, i allways wished that i'd gone with the virus.
I was in the same situation when I purchased my Access Virus KC. I had a KC for awhile and since I had purchased it through Sweetwater, I exchanged it to try out the Nord 3 for awhile. While I LOVED the interface, it just didn't have the low end that the Virus had (I was covering bass parts in a touring synth punk band at the time). In the studio, I didn't notice so much on my reference monitors but when I would play live through my stereo JBL 2X15 cabinets and a Crown 2000 watt amp, I could definately notice a difference.
I really wanted the Nord 3 to be better than it was. Those knobs were absolutely killer! But the Virus has a weight to it that I haven't found in any other synth ov its type.