View Single Post
Old 31.01.2008, 01:07 AM
Infektion taking hold...

My little story:
So, roughley 5 years ago, I bought a Nord Lead 3. At the shop i asked an assisstant which was the best synth for making basslines, and he said either the nord or the virus (c). Anyway i went with the nord as from messing around with both in the shop, it was the most fun and seemed easier to understand and make sounds on (ok so i dont have as good an understanding of synthesis as some people )

I really enjoyed learning the synth and made tons of crazy spacey style sounds on it, but not many phat basses as i couldnt quite manage those too well. Although i think the nordlead3 is a very sexy synth, nice lights and stuff, i allways wished that i'd gone with the virus.

I stopped using the nord as much, and by then i'd bought Atmosphere by Spectrasonics, and for some reason used that a lot instead. Anyway, my nord got stolen while i was at uni, from my room.... and so....i used the money i got from the insurance + a little more to buy a virus ti desktop, and havnt looked back since! Its just an amazing synth. Although i still don't make basses- just amazing natural paddy sounds. i think having effects built in is the only way to go, as you tend to experiment more with them. Im so glad i got robbed lol