View Single Post
Old 28.01.2008, 02:02 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Smile my virus is a disease

just for the hell of it i bought a bunch of audio magazines this weekend. a lot of them had best of 2007 rundowns including bunch of soft synth plugs. they rated zebra and nassive as top two. anyway, down to the point..
i tried zebra demo, and it sounds great (so does massive).

but my virus still sounds better. i'm not trying to compare synthesis or synth architecture - my virus just sounds warmer, more pleasing, richer then any other plug i have weather it's fm, sub, add, modeling, any synthesis.

so...am i deaf? or am i so much in love with my ti that i have a curtain over my ears and automatically assume my soft plugs sound harsh. the virus is a VA as well.

most of those plugs got effects, so it's not like i'm listening them dry. then again, i'm comparing presets and to my taste 99% of patches really suck, not to mention you're only getting about 200 or so (seems like a patch number standard).

what's your take? i was very much a soft synth person before i got my virus (virus and nord lead where only two hardware VAs i ever wanted) but after three weeks of owning a hardware synth i want more hardware - not to mention i want to fix my kawai k4 (what a b!tch of a synth to program) that's been collecting dust in my basement!

adrian

p.s. bored at work, might as well start a new thread